Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Also, another question..... dealing with stopping BFing..

When you stopped BFing, how long did it take for your milk to "dry-up"?
BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Also, another question..... dealing with stopping BFing..

• Options
    I would say maybe a week or so, but we stopped gradually. DD was nursing 4 times a day so the 1st week I cut out 1 feeding/day, the following week I cut out a second feeding, third week I cut another and then the fourth week we cut out the final feeding. I think it was a good way to do it (for both of us)! I didn't get too sore and DD seemed to adjust well. 
  • Options
    Oh, and we started the whole process the week after her b-day, so she was already eating "real" food and I could transition her to regular milk at the same time too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We also didnt stop until after his 1st birthday, and just gradually cut out a feeding one week at a time, the whole process took a month or so, and after the last feeding I never even felt engorged.

I dont know if that helps or not.

• Options
    I breastfed Eli until he was 13 months. ?Around 11 months we started to drop a feeding a day and just replace it with the solid food he was eating and we introduced cows milk in a sippy cup. ?By 12 months we were down to just a morning feeding and evening feeding, the rest cows milk. ?By 13 months he was completely weaned. ?I am not sure how long it took me to dry up but because we did it gradually I did not get swelled with milk or anything because he was not eating. ?Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I suggest getting very sick. A fever of 103 for a solid week dries up the milk quite well. Obviously I'm being sarcastic, but that's how it happened for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"