Alabama Babies
Options

posted this on the AL nest board too......

Need prayers.......

So, my manager changed our roles and responsibilities (he had asked me if I wanted to do a support role and I indicated I would do what needed to be done for the team, but it's not what I want to do or enjoy) and now my role is changing to complete support.  To me it's a step down because (and I'm not meaning anything bad by this type of job, it's just not me, and I know that) I would be a Cust Service Analyst type role.  I'm a Consultant now.  My title or pay wouldn't change but I can honestly say I'd probably be more miserable.

It's like he just disregarded my feelings.  So I talked to him about it.  And while we don't see eye to eye and have personality conflicts (which fortunately I've never encountered this w/a coworker or manager until now), he said if this isn't where I want to be and I want something else, he'll support me fully to find what I want in the company.

So I've been given the "go ahead" to post out and there are a few things out there.  I'm not going to post today, but will this week.

I need to do what's best for me and crying myself to sleep, worrying Brad, and feeling sick to my stomach all the time isn't good.

Thanks ladies and I'll keep y'all updated.

Re: posted this on the AL nest board too......

• Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time!  I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!
  • Options

Sigh....Im sorry. I hope that something better comes a long soon! In my thoughts. Sad

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You listened to me when I had job issues so I know you have been unhappy for a while now. I just hope that you can find something you love. You deserve to be happy and have a great job!
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Awww Katie, that's great though that you're standing up for yourself! While a job rotation can be a good way to broaden your experience within a team environment, taking a "step down" to a sole-support role could also leave you in a vulnerable position to be passed up for future promotions (unfortunately sometimes seen as a demotion).

Good for you to decide you want to stay on an upward track...I'll be thinking of your job search too =)

• Options
    Just wanted to say good luck to you with the positions you will be posting for.
  • Options
    uagirluagirl member
    I'll be praying for you Katie. I hope it all works out.  You deserve a job where you can be happy and not go home crying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options
    I'm sorry!  Job stress really sucks.  Good luck in your search for a new job!
  • Options
    aubie96aubie96 member

Thanks girls, I can't thank you enough for the sweet words and prayers - this is why I LOVE this board!!!!

And Brad has been so great and supportive.  He knows I can do better, deserve to be treated better and is proud of me for standing up for myself.

So here's the latest:

So yesterday afternoon I went out on our internal posting site and saw a job that met my needs and that I would be interested in.  I know the hiring manager just in passing (he sits near me) and I saw him in my current manager's office when I had to go talk to my co-worker about a project.  I was like WHAT?!?!!?  as they don't interact or have any business in common.

I get back to my desk and my manager has emailed me the same job posting that I saw - saying, hey, this might fit you, are you interested?  uh yeah!!!!  So he tells me to post for it, I do and he's already approved it.

So we'll see and I just keep praying about it!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"