1st Trimester
Options

Did your morning sickness get worse over time?

I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been with morning sickness. When it started did it stay about the same level of "sickness" for you over the weeks? Did it get steadily worse? Steadily better? Did you have good days and bad days? Just curious.
Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Did your morning sickness get worse over time?

• Options

I've had good days and bad days since around week 5. A couple of times I've thought that it was gone, and then it's come back. I've never actually puked, but have had plenty of queasiness and food aversions. Mine is usually in the late afternoons/evenings and I feel just yucky overall until I go to bed. I've found that finding the "right" food to eat really helps. For a while I clearly needed carbs and would feel terrible until I ate a handful of popcorn or chips. Now I think my body's transitioning to needing more protein and the carbs don't hold me at all.

?HTH?

• Options

Symptoms are different for everyone.  Some never have m/s, others have it through 3rd tri. 

For me, m/s started toward the end of week 5.  Slowly got worse.  Was pretty consistant from around week 7 to 11 (mostly just felt like I was hungover, all day every day.  Worse at night and when I was hungry.  Dry heaved quite a bit but only actually threw up 3 times).  Then it suddenly went away around week 12.  Randomly threw up one morning during week 13, then have felt fine since.

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's basically been here since the fifth week...and still going strong. However some days I feel ok. This morning was a bad morning though. I am hoping it will get better soon.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mine started in week 7 and got worse every single week after that.  I thought I was going to die in week 12/13.  Then it just went away over a period of three days.  Sweet freakin relief, I tell you. 

Now I feel awesome every day.  My only 'side effect' is a dancing baby!  

• Options
    imageMrsErinnElizabeth:

Mine started in week 7 and got worse every single week after that.  I thought I was going to die in week 12/13.  Then it just went away over a period of three days.  Sweet freakin relief, I tell you. 

Now I feel awesome every day.  My only 'side effect' is a dancing baby!  

Your bump is ADORABLE Smile

• Options

Like the rest of my symptoms, it comes and goes. Most of the time I just felt nauseous early on, but once I hit 6 weeks, it got much stronger when it hit. I haven't actually thrown up yet, but I actually think I would feel better if I could. It's terrible feeling like you want to puke and can't.

• Options
    I?definitely?have good and bad days. I didn't actually throw up until yesterday but have had plenty of nauseous days. Somedays I am completely fine all day and a few days it hurts to get out of bed. Most days a quick nap usually makes me feel better. I've only been "bedridden" 4-5 days so far.?
  • Options
    Around the 8th week mine got worse but the past two days no throwing up (which is very nice)  My stomach still hurts a lot but thats ok.  I just think to myself well at least I know there baby is doing ok
  • Options

Sorry for the typos I have got to learn to proofread

• Options
    I was feeling great up until about 5.5 weeks then i would have nausea off and on, now i am in the middle of my 7th week and i feel like absolute crap the majority of the time. I threw up for the first time this week and nothing (as far as food goes) is appealing to me at all. I find that if I keep something in my stomach at all times it isn't as bad, but in all honesty i can not wait for the 2nd trimester!
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Options
    I've felt sick since day 1. when i hit week 6, i actually started throwing up. it got alot better week 8 and this week has been the roughest of them all. hopefully it only lasts 2-3 more weeks! good luck and i hope you feel better!
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    Mine started at about 6 weeks. I felt horrible until week 9 things calmed down and then now at 10 weeks I am feeling pretty good again. I still have my food aversions and certain smells that make me ill but the constant morning sickness is gone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good days and bad days but in general, it got worse over time.  Now it seems to be going away gradually too...  Hoping it cuts it out soon.  The toilet and I are getting a little too close lol.
    Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • Options
    With first pg, I had good days and bad, but the bad bouts got continually worse until about 10 or 11 weeks, then started getting a little better.  At 14 weeks, I would say I was at 75%, by 16 weeks, I was back to 100%. 
  • Options

I started feeling icky around 6weeks then hit the worst part of throwing up all the time around 9 weeks...yesterday and so far today have been a HUGE improvement...lets hope I didn't just jinx myself! Wink

Can't tell you how many times I've been told that your hormones peak around 9-11 weeks and then you should start to feel some relief. We'll see if that holds true for me...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"