New Orleans Babies
Options

Please reccommend a Dr

I just got my BFP yesterday! We are so excited!! But now I need to find a Dr. sing my Gyno doesn't do OB.  I'd def. prefer a female and someone close to Marrero, the family doctors on lapalco would be perfect if you know of anyone there.  Please give any reccommendations (or warnings)

Thank you!!

Re: Please reccommend a Dr

• Options
    I went to Dr. Bone at Lakeside Women's Specialty Center. It's right by EJ. I loved her and the practice (all women).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats by the way!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!!!

I know you said that you prefer a woman but the 2 doctors that I recommend in Marrero are both men.  I thought I would mention them anyway since I highly recommend them both.

Dr. Richard Helman and Dr. C. Scott Nicholson.

They are both at West Bank Women's Health, located in West Jeff.

Good luck with the doctor search and congrats again!

• Options
    My mom seems to like Dr. Cortex at West Jeff Hosp. I have not been to her, so I cant personal say that I like her, but my mom seems happy with her.
    Maria A. Cortez, M.D.
    Practice:
    Address: 1111 Medical Center Blvd. N-501
    Phone: (504) 349-6501
    Specialty: Obstetrics/Gynecology
    NPI: 1528072063
    Additional Language: Spanish
  • Options
    I'm seeing Dr. Rebecca Perret.  She's out at Touro uptown so I know it's not exactly the westbank.  I actually just switched to her after starting out with my original ob/gyn.  So far she is wonderful!  Even DH noticed how great she is and commented on how much more comfortable he is with her being my doctor versus my old ob/gyn.  To me, the hassle of driving down to uptown for my bi-weekly appts (coming up!) are worth a better level of care.
  • Options
    I saw Dr. VonAlmen.  He is wonderful and I would highly recommend him to anyone!  His main office is at Touro, but he is on the Westbank every Friday at Waldenberg Village on Berhman Hwy.  It's not Marrero, but not a bad drive and I think he is worth it!  Good luck!
  • Options
    star173star173 member

Congrats!!

I'm not sure if you'd be interested in a midwife, but Esther DeJong has been highly recommended to me.

Here's the latest info on her that I could find:

esther dejong, cnm
    midwife( west Jeff medical center)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"