Minnesota Babies

Internet Service

If you care to share...how much do you pay for your Internet service?  What do you use (wireless, DSL, cable modem, dial-up)? And who is your provider?

I am done with work on June 11th and will be off until October and I need to get some Internet at home.  I'm thinking wireless but I would go with something else if it was cheaper (no dial-up though because we don't have a phone line).  I'm just not sure where to start looking to compare prices or what the "going" price is.

Re: Internet Service

• I shopped around the other day... not a lot to choose from :(

Here's what I found for internet only - they may have better package deals if you are looking to bundle:

Comcast has the fastest speed (11 Mbps) but was the most expensive @ 42.99/month plus a 4-5 dollar modem rental fee if you don't have one.

Quest was slower (1.5 Mbps) but is still much fast than dial up. Their rate was 39.99. Not sure about the modem rental fee.

Depending on when you are shopping around, those companies will sometimes have new customer promos where you can get a cheaper rate your first 3-6 months. Good luck!

• ariel06ariel06 member
    I'm my neighborhood we ha zero choice (comcast only) because everything else needs a phone line.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"