Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how many ounces of formula does your 8-9 week old eat?

My little guy averages 3-4 ounces every 2-2.5 hours.  I cannot get him to take more!! He only sleeps for two hours at a time also because he is hungry for that next bottle.  Im SO tired...PLEASE tell me how you got your lo to eat more at a feeding and when was that for you?  thanks in advance!

Re: how many ounces of formula does your 8-9 week old eat?

• Options
    My DD is 13 weeks now and only takes 5-6 oz of BM per feeding. 3-4 oz at 8 weeks sounds right. They have little belly's. I've found the amount she eats has no effect on how long she sleeps. She only eats about 4-5 oz before bed and then sleeps 10 hours straight. Sorry...I know it's tough but give it time, he will figure out to sleep longer. 
  • Options
    My DD eats about 5-5.5 oz every 2 hours when he is awake. He sleeps from 8pm-6am though so I think he bulks up during the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I felt like I had a big eater from the start.  But I guess it's not so over the top if I calculate 2.5 oz. per pound (which I read somewhere was standard?).

Basically, at 7 weeks (I know, not quite 8!), he eats 6 oz. every 3 to 4 hours (mostly 4).  At night, he will sleep through one feed: down by 8, wakes at 2 am and eats, back up again at 6 for the day.  Last night actually he even slept through the 2 am feed, but we had also put him down an hour later and his evening nap was pretty much non-existent.

I don't think we did anything per se to get him to eat more -- he was just always a big eater!

• Options

My LO will be 2 months in a few days and he typically eats 4 oz every 4-5 hours, but he also STTN.  Sometimes he will eat 5 oz at a feeding, but that is only like 1-2 per day.  I didn't really do anything special to get him to eat 4 oz per feeding, he just was more hungry so I gave him more formula and he drank it. 

I'm really no help, sorry.

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Options

Lily eats about 6 ounces each feeding, between 4-5 hours each.  She naps about 2.5-3 hours in between each feeding and is awake roughly 2 hours after that. 

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• Options

My LO is 10 weeks and eats 5.5 ounces every 3-4 hours- and of course goes longer during the night.  He is really long though (in 95th percentile), so my dr. said he really could be eating 6 ounces w/ no problem.  

I never had a problem getting him to eat, even when I increased his bottles.  Though sometimes now he might not finish the bottle completely at night, but only leaves maybe a half an ounce.  If you are having trouble feeding, then I would call the dr. and see what they suggest.  Bc you want to make sure the baby is eating enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"