2nd Trimester
Options

Muscle spasm or fetal movement?

I just had the oddest sensation in my lower abdomen just a couple inches up from my pubic bone. It felt like a series of very light muscle spasm, there were three in a row, then a pause and another two. But they weren't any place I have ever had a muscle spasm.

Anyone have suggestions on if this could be fetal movement? I know this is very early and I have heard 'quickening' feels more like butteflies (??). This was more a distinct series of beats, almost felt like my heartbeat.

Quite confident it wasn't gas.

Re: Muscle spasm or fetal movement?

• Options
    Id go with movement.. but Ava pretty much moves when ever I sit in a certain position which happens to be how i sit with the computer.
  • Options
    I have them all of the time.  I think its the baby kicking. Not 100% sure on that one though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been feeling spasms and vibrations for a little over a week.  Even if they aren't baby movement, I'm going to say they are because they make me smile!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ?Last night I had what felt like a muscle spasm right below my belly button. ?I know for sure it wasn't gas but I think its too early for movement. ?You're not alone. ?I'm in limbo as to whether it was a real kick or not. ?
  • Options
    could be...mine started last week and feel like a little bird flapping it's wings, I notice it more ofter now...I think that's similar to faint muscles twitches...you'll be able to tell for sure after feeling the same thing over the next few days Smile  it's so exciting isn't it?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageMadameFancyPants:
    I've been feeling spasms and vibrations for a little over a week.  Even if they aren't baby movement, I'm going to say they are because they make me smile!

Smile  Okay, then. Me too!

• Options
    It could be baby movement.  I felt baby's first kick on 16 weeks exactly, which is what I see you are at!!!  Yay if it is indeed the baby!
  • Options

My theory is, if it's a feeling you've never felt before in your life and you're feeling it around the time you can possibly start feeling movements, then yes, it probably is the baby.

My first movements felt like, what I think, you are describing. Almost like tiny little robotic or popcorn like feelings. 

• Options
    imageJCM083009:

My first movements felt like, what I think, you are describing. Almost like tiny little robotic or popcorn like feelings. 

That's it exactly.

Thanks everyone! I am even more excited now. Must stop myself from ordering baby stuff online to celebrate.

• Options
    It sounds like movement to me, I felt my first movements really early so its possible
    Diagnosed with ML type II at 1 year, a progressively destructive disorder. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker check out my blog http://mommaskye.blogspot.com/ Expecting a little boy! Diagnosed with ML type II at 19 weeks Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sam19sam19 member
    I think you felt movement! congrats. I don't think it's too early at all. And what you described sounds more like how my first movements were.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options
    I remember reading a post here a while back.. Someone's doc said the vibrating/spasm feeling is caused by the baby moving and hitting a certain nerve. Not sure if it's true but interesting if it is. Either way, I'd say it was definitely movement.. Congrats!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Sounds like movement to me.  My first baby kicks felt like...well the same sensation as when you get an eyelid twitch, but in my lower stomach. That was around 15 or 16 weeks.  At first i thought it was a muscle twitch but they got progressively harder and more definite. Now there's no denying them (at 27 weeks I can see and feel the little stinker moving around in there, it's crazy!)

:-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"