Detroit Babies
Options

Doula Recommnedations

I've begun to interview Doulas but haven't found one that fits with us.  Has anyone used one?  Any suggestions?

Re: Doula Recommnedations

• Options
    Are you looking locally or did you search through the DONA website or... ?  One thing I plan on doing, which is budget-conscious and kind of a neat idea, (granted, we aren't PG yet...) is that I e-mailed DONA to get a list of doulas-in-training, meaning doulas that are in the area that still in the certification process, attending their requisite number of births. They gave me a list and I can contact them. Because they aren't certified, a lot of their service fees will be reduced (or $0!) and their education is typically the same. They just might not have the years of experience. However, this might allow you to find someone who will really bend over backward to accommodate your needs.  I learned my trade that way (I'm not a doubla, but I had to do a certain number of hours of practice before I was "unleashed" as a practitioner) and I appreciated the opportunity to learn, so my services were typically free through school.  Not a specific suggestion, but one route of recourse! HTH!  Smile
  • Options
    Where do you live?  I have several friends who are great doulas all over SE Michigan.  I'd be happy to share names and contact info. : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in Oak Park and am giving birth at the ABC. ?Any info you have would be really appreciated. ?You can email me direct at dbee86 at yahoo or leave it here. ?Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"