Birth Stories
Options

XP: My natural birth turned c/s. Long PIP

On Wed May 6th at about 1:30am my water. (I was 38 weeks 6 days) I wasn't sure if it was my water though because it had more of a yellowish color. I called L&D and explained what happened. The nurse on the phone made it sound more like I peed on myself but I better come in anyways. I woke up DH and said we better go the hospital.

We get there at about 2:15am and test to see if my water broke and it had.  She also said that the baby had pooped on the inside. So it was time to get ready for a baby! The nurse checked me and I was at 1.5 to 2 cm dialated, 80%-90% effaced and at +1 station. I thought that wasn't bad since the week before at my doctors, I was fingertip dialated, 50% effaced and -2 station. My contrations where between 3-5 min apart. I really couldn't feel my contrations yet so I tried to get some rest.

Finally at 5am I gave up trying to sleep. I was having alot of back pain. I started walking the halls of L&D waited for DH to wake up so I could walk the rest of the hopsital because L&D wasn't that big and I was getting bored of the small area. After DH woke up at around 5:30am, we walked for an hour and half. We finally went back to the room so I could try to sleep again.

I still couldn't sleep and at 8am my doctor arrived. She checked me and I was only at 3cm dialated, no change in effacement or station. She decided to have me start on pitocin since my water had broke 6 1/2 hours ago and I had basically no progress. She also had an internal monitor put in since the baby had pooped inside. I really didn't notice to much of change for the pitocin besides the contractions getting alittle more painful but having the internal moniter put in was no fun.

My doctor came back at noon and I still hadn't changed. Right after she left I started getting really painful contractions. I ended finding that the best place for me to be was sitting on the toilet. I was getting very comfortable and kept tell the nurses that I really felt like I had to poop. They said since I wasn't that dialated, that that ment I really had to poop so to try to go. I was trying to go and at 12:45pm I told the nurse I was in so much pain  and if I could have a tylenol. She of course giggled and said that wouldn't do anything and that she would check with my doctor to see if I could get some stadol.

She came back at 1pm and said it was fine but first she was going to check me to see where I was at. When she did that she said "O wow, I need to call your doctor right now! You're not getting any pain meds. Your at 10 and its time to push!" So I get excited and ready to finally have this little girl!

My doctor came at 1:30pm and I started to push. After an hour, my doctor said I was still at +1 station. I was getting very frustrated since I had been at +1 for atleast 12 hours. My doctor started talking about what to do if DD didn't move. Of course I knew this ment a c/s. I really didn't want to have one and I knew I was so close to having a med free birth.

After 30 min I was asking for a c/s. I was in so much pain and DD would not move. At 3:30pm (2 full hours of pushing) my doctor decided to do a c/s since it was obvious that DD was stuck. That hardest thing I have ever experienced was trying to breath through each contracion with out pushing when that was the only thing my body wanted to do.

It was such a relief to finally get the epidural though. I was very ready for the c/s by the time it came. I knew I couldn't physically have DD and this was the best for her. 

At 3:58pm Ariana Antje was born. She was 7lbs 12ozs and 20 inches long. She is just perfect! The healing process from the c/s has been slow but I'm so happy to have DD here! GL to everyone else!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: My natural birth turned c/s. Long PIP

• Options
    Awwwww!!!!!!  Your baby girl is so adorable!  Congratulations!  Even though the birth didn't turn out exactly how you wanted it to, you still got a beautiful package and everyone is healthy.  And, the fact that you went at 38 and 6 days is REALLY inspiring to me because I'd really like to have my baby NOW!!!  :)  Congrats again!
  • Options
    Well I think you should be impressed with yourself getting through labor and 2+ hours of pushing without any meds, that's still something to brag about! I'm sorry it didn't end up exactly the way you wanted, but your DD is adorable! Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
         Thank you for sharing your story, and oh my is she the cutest little thing! You should be so proud, she is absolutly gorgeous!!
  • Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!  Your little girl is precious.
  • Options
    SasheeSashee member
    Your daughter is precious! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"