Maryland Babies
Options

Baltimore City/Co. child care

I had just noticed there was a baltimore area forum.  Hello ladies! 

I am in the market for a good child care facility or provider.  Any recommendations?

Re: Baltimore City/Co. child care

• Options

Hi-

?Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you. ?But wanted to let you know how difficult it has been for my husband and I to find daycare. ?We live in Towson and I'm convinced that Towson only has SAHMs! ?

I did want to pass on two websites to you to check out, that were good starting places for us to look for daycare. ?You can specify the area that you're looking for and whether or not you in home or centers. ?Start interviewing ASAP and see as many places as possible. ?

www.mdchildcare.org?

Also, check out ?https://msdecompliancereports.org

This website allows you to check centers (and homes, I believe) for compliance with state regulations.

?

Good luck with your search. ?This was a very stressful issue for me, mainly b/c of the area where we live to where we work, it was hard to find care. ?

?

?

• Options
    DS has been going to Tide Point Daycare in Baltimore City (we both live and work in city) since he was 3 months old and I have had nothing but a great experience there. DD will be enrolled at 3 months as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I live right near Tide Point! ?I have always wondered if people had good experiences with that day care center. ?Did you find it reasonably priced?

?Also, I have?used www.baltimorenanny.com with some success.

• Options

Thank you SOOOO much for the information.  I will go check Tide Point out.  I live on the East side (Fells Point/Canton area) and it will be easy to get to. 

This is my first and I am seeing how stressful this is starting out to be.  Need to research some in the Owings Mills area too. 

• Options
    At Tide Point, we paid $1488/month for DS up until he moved to the 2yr room and then rate dropped to $1300. The tuition fees include b'fast, lunch and snack...and even formula if you are okay using the brand they supply. They offer a 20% sibling discount (off older child's tuition) as well. HTH...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"