Birth Stories
Options

My Birth Story-long & pips

Our beautiful daughter Emma Catherine was born Sunday May 3, 2009 @ 8:03pm. She was 5lbs. 14oz. 19 1/2inches. I woke up on sunday morning to contractions 5 mins apart. I called my doctor & asked her what I should do. She told me to come in as soon as we could because we live so far away from the hospital. I finished packing our bags & tried to take a bath (not a good idea when in labor...i was in so much pain I couldn't get out & FI had to pick me up out of the tub). By then my contractions were 4 mins apart. Well on the way there the marathon was going on & ALL of the roads going in and out of the city were shut down!! I started to panic but we found a police officer that was directing traffic. My FI told him what was going on & told him we had to get to the hospital & asked for an alternate route. The officer told us to pull over & he would call an ambulance because there was no way we were going anywhere in the city for the next 8 hours. By the time the ambulance got there my contractions were 3 mins apart. My FI had to leave our vehicle parked on the side of the road & grabbed all of our bags & we were off. They had to SHUT DOWN THE MARATHON & drive through it. They actually made the runners stop & wait for us! I was so embarrassed & kept thinking I better not be on the news haha. We got to the hopital & thats when things started slowing down. I was stuck in triage for 6 hours because there were no empty rooms in labor & delivery. I could't get anything for pain the entire time & wanted to kill some one. I had a tennis ball for FI to rub my back with & thats honestly the only thing that got me through the contractions. Finally there was a bed for me in labor & delivery. As soon as we got up there I got really sick & vomited. My FI was in the bathroom & none of the nurses were in the room and I had no idea where my call button was. It was terrible I had to run across the room to a garbage can with all the monitors & IV connected to me. After all of that I got my epi & it was heaven haha! They started me on pitocin because I wasn't dialating. After the pitocin everything went so FAST again! I went from 3cm to 8cm in an hour!!! Then 8 to 10 in minutes. It was so crazy the doctor almost didn't make it before I started pushing. They didn't even have enough time to give me my 2nd dose of antibiotic. I only had to push for a few minutes & she was here. It's been wonderful, scary, fun, & tiring all at the same time. We got home tuesday night. We had a bit of a scare tuesday night/wednesday morning. She was having tummy issues & diarrhea so we took her to the pediatrican on wednesday morning. The pediatrican told us the smell, color, and amount of stool wasn't normal for a newborn, so she sent us to Childrens Hospital. They had to put an IV in her little hand & do blood work. It was so terrible & I was a mess! I thought I was going to have a heart attack or panic attack. I was so scared & crying all day. I love her so much and it killed me to see her hurting. But the blood work came back good & the diarrhea actually cleared up while we were at the hospital. We went back to the pedi friday & shes doing wonderful. She gained 4oz in 2 days & shes back up to her birth weight. She is so perfect & tiny. We are so in love her!! The second I saw her I fell in love with her. I've never felt anything that amazing in my life. I bawled my eyes out. It was so amazing  Pics: https://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhotos&albumID=2263310 (i hope this worked)

Re: My Birth Story-long & pips

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"