2nd Trimester
Options

"the doctors"

Anyone watching "the doctors" Jenny Mcarthy is on about Autism.

Re: "the doctors"

• Options
    when is it on?  on know she will be talking about immunizations.  a subject to not be brought up.  Its almost like talking about BF
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I watched it (was on 2 hours ago here) and found it interesting, but nothing really new. Basically both sides fighting with each other and neither one really truly knowing the truth.

What bugs me is when people just automatically think Jenny McCarthy thinks vaccines = autism.  That's not what she's saying at all from everything I've seen her write and say. It's that we are just NOT SURE and we need to do more testing and questioning of WHY we are giving 3x the amount of vaccines as we did 15 years ago, finding out what's IN our vaccines and other outside influences. She's not anti vaccine, she's about finding out what is causing all of this, which I agree with. What also is annoying are the majority of doctors all saying "they're perfectly safe" when I think a very small number (2?) of the vaccines have actually been testing in terms of autism. I'm NOT saying they cause it, but to say they are perfectly fine, without even admiting that it COULD have something to do w/ the entire puzzle, is kind of disturbing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJCM083009:

I watched it (was on 2 hours ago here) and found it interesting, but nothing really new. Basically both sides fighting with each other and neither one really truly knowing the truth.

What bugs me is when people just automatically think Jenny McCarthy thinks vaccines = autism.  That's not what she's saying at all from everything I've seen her write and say. It's that we are just NOT SURE and we need to do more testing and questioning of WHY we are giving 3x the amount of vaccines as we did 15 years ago, finding out what's IN our vaccines and other outside influences. She's not anti vaccine, she's about finding out what is causing all of this, which I agree with. What also is annoying are the majority of doctors all saying "they're perfectly safe" when I think a very small number (2?) of the vaccines have actually been testing in terms of autism. I'm NOT saying they cause it, but to say they are perfectly fine, without even admiting that it COULD have something to do w/ the entire puzzle, is kind of disturbing. 

I totally agree with this.. And the Dr that she was there with, I cant remember his name but he was very articulated and well mannered... The other one that was sitting in the audience was a hot mess...

• Options
    imageJCM083009:

What bugs me is when people just automatically think Jenny McCarthy thinks vaccines = autism.? That's not what she's saying at all from everything I've seen her write and say. It's that we are just NOT SURE and we need to do more testing and questioning of WHY we are giving 3x the amount of vaccines as we did 15 years ago, finding out what's IN our vaccines and other outside influences. She's not anti vaccine, she's about finding out what is causing all of this, which I agree with. What also is annoying are the majority of doctors all saying "they're perfectly safe" when I think a very small number (2?) of the vaccines have actually been testing in terms of autism. I'm NOT saying they cause it, but to say they are perfectly fine, without even admiting that it COULD have something to do w/ the entire puzzle, is kind of disturbing.?

THANK YOU!!!!

I 1000% agree with what you said. It is maddening to hear doctors say it is perfectly safe when they have tested 2 out of 36 vaccines and I think (not sure) only 5 ingredients! And I am so sick to death of people thinking Jenny McCarthy is Anti-Vaccine.. that is not her case AT ALL. If people would just take the time to look at both sides, I think more people would question the current vaccine schedule.

And to the other poster, the doctor that was with her is Dr. Jerry Kartzinel who coauthored Jenny's latest book (Healing & Preventing Autism).. which talks about a LOT more than just vaccines.

And FWIW, our child will be fully vaccinated but definitely NOT on the AAP schedule. ?

• Options
    Sorry I take my medical advice from people who actually attended medical school. 
  • Options

imagejonsdeedee:
    Sorry I take my medical advice from people who actually attended medical school. 

So the doctors who did attend medical school and are backing Jenny up (or like Dr. Sears who are suggesting an alt. schedule) don't count b/c they don't mesh with your personal opinion? Right, that makes a lot of sense. 

I take MY medical advice from doing my research on BOTH sides of any issue and reading things from medical professionals on both sides.  It's just as much in error to say "vaccines are perfectly safe" as it is to say "vaccines cause autism".  (Neither statements of which I believe 100%).  However, the problem is, one side is saying the first statement without actually either doing or looking through the studies and the other is not, they're simply saying WE DON'T KNOW 100%. 

• Options
    imageJCM083009:

imagejonsdeedee:

So the doctors who did attend medical school and are backing Jenny up (or like Dr. Sears who are suggesting an alt. schedule) don't count b/c they don't mesh with your personal opinion? Right, that makes a lot of sense. 

I take MY medical advice from doing my research on BOTH sides of any issue and reading things from medical professionals on both sides.  It's just as much in error to say "vaccines are perfectly safe" as it is to say "vaccines cause autism".  (Neither statements of which I believe 100%).  However, the problem is, one side is saying the first statement without actually either doing or looking through the studies and the other is not, they're simply saying WE DON'T KNOW 100%. 

One doctor vs thousands.  I have done research.  In fact my sister wrote her Phd thesis on autism and vaccines.  I am fully informed about the pros and cons of vaccines.  I will be fully vaccinating my child on a schedule agree upon by my pediatrician and I. 

• Options
    imagejonsdeedee:
    imageJCM083009:

imagejonsdeedee:

One doctor vs thousands.  I have done research.  In fact my sister wrote her Phd thesis on autism and vaccines.  I am fully informed about the pros and cons of vaccines.  I will be fully vaccinating my child on a schedule agree upon by my pediatrician and I. 

And that's fine.  I just found it odd how you had to spout of that you only trust people who went to medical school, when that's not entirely true it seems. 

• Options
    imageJCM083009:
    imagejonsdeedee:
    imageJCM083009:

imagejonsdeedee:

And that's fine.  I just found it odd how you had to spout of that you only trust people who went to medical school, when that's not entirely true it seems. 

Yeah my sister shared her research with me. I read it and discussed it with my doctor.  I don't see how that is inconsistent with my original post that I trust people who went to medical school.

• Options
    imagejonsdeedee:
    imageJCM083009:
    imagejonsdeedee:
    imageJCM083009:

imagejonsdeedee:

Yeah my sister shared her research with me. I read it and discussed it with my doctor.  I don't see how that is inconsistent with my original post that I trust people who went to medical school.

It's not in that you trust SOME people who went to medical school.  The way you made it sound was that you trust those who are 100% pro vaccine only, which is not true of all medical school students. That said there are a lot of people who went to medical school that there is no way in helll I'd take their advice, so I don't think we should blindly trust any one side or population, but that's just my take on any issue. I've seen and read too many things that go against what is "the norm" even thought "most" of today's doctors are doing it.  That doesn't sit right with me, but if you're cool with that, that's great w/ me. 

• Options
    imageJCM083009:
    imagejonsdeedee:
    imageJCM083009:
    imagejonsdeedee:
    imageJCM083009:

imagejonsdeedee:

It's not in that you trust SOME people who went to medical school.  The way you made it sound was that you trust those who are 100% pro vaccine only, which is not true of all medical school students. That said there are a lot of people who went to medical school that there is no way in helll I'd take their advice, so I don't think we should blindly trust any one side or population, but that's just my take on any issue. I've seen and read too many things that go against what is "the norm" even thought "most" of today's doctors are doing it.  That doesn't sit right with me, but if you're cool with that, that's great w/ me. 

Just because I do not agree with your opinion does not make my opinion wrong.  There are so many other things that could cause an increase in autism - if there even an actual increase as opposed to just an increase in it being diagnosed - that to single out one is ludicrous.   I don't blindly trust one side or the other.  I did my research and made the decision I believe is right for my child.  You need to get off your high horse and realize that not everyone thinks like you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"