3rd Trimester
Options

Pee, sweat, or amniotic fluid?

Ok, here's the deal.  I was wearing a panty linter today and when I went to the bathroom a bit ago I noticed that the panty liner and part of my underwear were wet.  More than just damp, but not soaking through.  The fluid was perfectly clear, no color to it at all, and it didn't have a smell (gah...pregnancy is beautiful).  So I don't think it was pee.  Is it possible that I was really sweaty, or might I have sprung a leak?  Just looking for advice from anyone who has been there - I have my L&D class at the hospital in an hour, so I can go get checked out if I need to.

Re: Pee, sweat, or amniotic fluid?

• Options
    if it doesnt smell it could just be snail trail (vaginal discharge).. we are prone to more of that being pregnant.
  • Options
    If there was no smell I'd imagine it's sweat. Everything I've read says that amniotic fluid has an odor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't realize that I was leaking amniotic fluid with my second. They are going to test it anyway to be sure. But it sounds like a possibility to me.
  • Options
    ditto hisbabybear... Amniotic fluid has a smell, so I wouldn't be too horribly worried. Just keep an eye on it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My guess would probably be watery discharge or maybe sweat. I had that quite a bit with my first pregnancy (although strangely not with this one). It was enough that I needed to wear a panty liner and I wondered if it could be amniotic fluid. They tested me once at my request and if you're concerned you could always have them test for it just to be certain. But it's definitely not your water having broken - you would know that and it would be more, going on for longer.
  • Options
    imagekjlrs:
    My guess would probably be watery discharge or maybe sweat. I had that quite a bit with my first pregnancy (although strangely not with this one). It was enough that I needed to wear a panty liner and I wondered if it could be amniotic fluid. .
    Yes, I have the same thing. Even with a panty liner on throughout the day, I feel like I need to shower and change panties when I get home from work. They just checked my fluid levels today, and they were fine. So I am guessing its normal, but if it is still bothering you, then by all means get it checked !!
  • Options
    i can't tell you how many times i've played this game since becoming pregnant lol.  i called the nurse at my doctor's office the first time it happened and she told me as long as it's not bloody, has a strong smell and doesn't soak through a pad it shouldn't be a worry.  i also looked for other signs like cramping but everything was fine.  mine sounds exactly like yours and my doctor believes it was watery discharge.  and you're right - pregnancy is beautiful lol :)
  • Options
    I would try NOT wearing a panty liner for a little bit (just undies). I notice that when I wear them I seem to "sweat" (sorry for TMI)!
  • Options
    When my water broke with DD it had a sweet smell!
  • Options
    Its probably sweat or discharge. I switched to pads because I just didn't think panty liners were cutting it anymore. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"