Texas Babies

I might be moving to Texas. Can you answer some Q's?

Hi, ladies--

DH is applying for jobs and the one his most qualified for is located in Corpus Christi. Neither of us are very familiar with Texas...so what can you tell me about living there? 

*I know it's hot, but how hot? Average high temps online say 93.4 for August and 66 for January. Those are just averages, so how hot is it in August? DH is from Minnesota and I'm from southern Missouri (where we currently live) so we're curious about what to expect temperature-wise if we end up moving.

*Is Corpus Christi a touristy city? Is there a lot of crime? How are the schools?

*How bad are the hurricanes? To be honest this part freaks me out the most about moving somewhere right on the gulf. We have storms and tornadoes where we are now but they don't last as long as hurricanes. 

Thanks in advance, ladies, for answering my questions. Have a great day!

Re: I might be moving to Texas. Can you answer some Q's?

• Corpus is a lot of fun. The public schools aren't fabulous, you'll just have to watch the school lines and ensure you get into a better one within the district.

Texas is hot. The high in SA will be 93 and its always a few degrees warmer in Corpus.

Corpus is touristy, they have family friendly beaches, the USS Lexington, the Texas State Aquarium. All of which are a lot of fun and cheap for an in state vacation.

Parts of Corpus are shady with crime but that is all towns. There are good parts and bad.

Welcome to Texas! You'll love it!

• I don't know anything about CC... sorry! Where are you from in MO? My entire family lives in St. Louis and Dh (and his whole family) are from Springfield. Texas is hot.... but it is no where near as hot as Missouri!!!!! Mid-west summers are brutal IMO... our summers are just longer... with no snow... winters are lovely. If you like the seasons, you won't be a fan. That said, my mom and dad grew up in StL and adore it down here. They would never move back to MO.

I wouldn't worry about hurricanes... especially since you're used to storms & tornados. ?

GL!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we are an hour east of springfield now. we do have a lot humidity in summer, but only a few weeks of temps in the 90s.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"