Multiples
Options

Dry skin patches that look like bullseye?

My one DS has a few dry skin patches that look like bullseyes. They are all in the  diaper area, one above the butt crack and then one on each cheek. They are slightly raised and it is like a ring of red skin and then one has a red bump in the middle and the others just have the ring. 

What is this, Is this eczema?  

Should I call the pedi tomorrow or just give it some time. The spots have been there for about a week, but they get better (don't go away) and then come back again.

Also, if it is eczema is it always in reaction to something or can they just get them because?  

Re: Dry skin patches that look like bullseye?

• Options

Hmmm......sounds like ring worm....but can little ones get that?! And how on their butt?!?!? I know I'm no help but thats what it sounds like to me. I would call for sure because it might be contagious. Let us know what it was.

Leah

• Options

sounds like ringworm to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ringworm was my initial thought. ?
  • Options
    Ditto, that sounds exactly like ringworm.
  • Options
    Ringworm is my guess, too.  Do you have cats?
  • Options

Crap, that is gross.  No cats, we do have a dog though.  None of our family have cats either, but maybe they can get it from dogs too.  I guess I will call the pedi and see if I need an Rx or if there is something over the counter I can use.

Thanks.

• Options

eczema definately.  Sloane had this too and I thought it was ring worm.  I took her to the dr and at first he thought it was too and then he looked at it again and he said it was eczema.

You can tell it isn't ring worm because the skin in the middle isn't healed.  Ring worm will have the center of the skin healed and in perfect condition, eczema doesn't.

My pedi gave me a steroid cream to apply but I wasn't comfortable with it so I switched to bathing every other nigth, used oatmeal baths and switched their soap to this Nutragena "oil" based cleanser.  Seemed to help a lot!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"