Parenting
Options

Any CO nesties on?

We are driving out to CO for our vacation this year.  I feel stupid asking what to do there, as I went there nearly every summer growing up.  BUT, Nora will be about 3 when we go, and the things we did weren't so toddler-friendly.  (Or we just went to visit family and didn't really do anything tourist-y).  We are going to be in the Canon City area mainly, but are willing to drive to get to something cool.

Any suggestions?  Thanks a bunch!

Re: Any CO nesties on?

• Options

ahem......

I hear you can FEED the GIRAFFES at the colo-rat-hole springs zoo...of course Denver town has LOTS of fun...

• Options

Ha!  You can do that at our 'zoo' here, too.  We always miss the time frame, though.

I should add that Canon City/Colorado Springs is not set in stone.  I have a good friend in Denver and haven't heard back yet from my Canon City relatives...so I'd be easy to sway in a different direction.

Tell me what Denver has to offer, if you don't mind!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

awesome zoo, great aquaium, big amusement park, and little old timey amusement park, children's museum, art museums, nature and history museum, some people like mountains ( one can cheaply rent a cabin in them if one was inclined. )

there are many parks, and it is ( in general) a VERY kid and pedestrian friendly city.

• Options
    When we went there my younger brother was about 4 and you can "pan for gold" he thought it was the cat's meow.  But I don't know if Nora would be too young and disinterested.  You get to have your feet in a creek and sift around for little gold flecks.  They also had dinosaur fossil footprints near there, but again Nora would probably be too young to care.
    Madelyn 3/1/07 image, Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hey, come up to Boulder, too. . . we'll show you a good time :)
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"