Infertility
Options

Cyst or follicle???

I'm currently on my 2nd cycle of clomid (100mg) and tonight will be the 4th dose.  I had an u/s on day 5 and ovaries were clear.  I have had little twinges on and off all day today on the left side, so I'm not sure if they are little follies growing or if it's a nasty cyst. 

I know I will find out more on cd 12, but I was just wondering if anyone had any insight...I always like hearing others experiences. thank you!

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cyst or follicle???

• Options
    If your u/s was clear, why would you think you had a leftover cyst from last cycle?  The u/s would show a cyst.
  • Options

I get pangs like that, especially on clomid, when follies are growing.  I doubt if it is a cyst since your u/s was clear. 

I know there are different kinds of cysts, someone else may have different experiences, but I have only had cysts that developed from a corpus luteum not dissolving timely or from follicles that grew, but didn't release their egg.  Neither of these would apply in your case, so I would think that you are feeling twinges from the growing follicles, not any cysts.

GL!

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jenickjenick member

I guess I'm just paranoid.  If there is a possibility of something going wrong, I prepare myself for that outcome.  I know...it's not a healthy way to live.  I think I need to go and do a little reading about cysts and how they actually develop.  thanks for the responses.  :)

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"