High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

SarahKatherine8

TMI Question but I have to know... Do you fill your jugs??  Mine is only like 2 inches full... Is yours a BIG ORANGE jug? Now I am worried... I dont pee a whole lot apparently...  Should I be worried??

Re: SarahKatherine8

• Options

Totally appropriate question. I seriously drink 3-4 liters of water a day. Nothing better to do while sitting around the house. I usually fill up the entire jug plus some. And it is one of those big orange 3000ml jugs. I think the last time I went about 4200+ ml's in a 24 hour period. I was also in the hospital and had received extra fluid. Usually it's about 3500 give or take. I am finishing one up in the morning and in a 12 hour period I've gone about 2500mls already. Ridiculous, really, and it just makes collecting it that much more annoying.

Now THAT was probably TMI Indifferent I just know that my docs told me to really keep my water intake up with my pre-e and kidney function looking so-so. I'm not going to lie, a part of me hopes that all of this water drinking will keep my protein levels from going up even more, but I know there is no scientific evidence that would support this. My pregnant brain is just grasping at straws here and trying to find a sense of control in this situation.

Also, I wouldn't worry unless the docs tell you they are concerned. Urine output is different for everyone and depends on how much you're taking in during the day. And if your kidney function looked ok on your labs then you are probably doing all right. Ask about your BUN and creatinine levels at your next appointment. But no worrying until you're given a reason right? Easier said than done! Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... I feel much better now... I just think I dont pee a lot.

How did they know that your kidney function was down??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesarahkatherine8:

Totally appropriate question. I seriously drink 3-4 liters of water a day. Nothing better to do while sitting around the house. I usually fill up the entire jug plus some. And it is one of those big orange 3000ml jugs. I think the last time I went about 4200+ ml's in a 24 hour period. I was also in the hospital and had received extra fluid. Usually it's about 3500 give or take. I am finishing one up in the morning and in a 12 hour period I've gone about 2500mls already. Ridiculous, really, and it just makes collecting it that much more annoying.

Now THAT was probably TMI Indifferent I just know that my docs told me to really keep my water intake up with my pre-e and kidney function looking so-so. I'm not going to lie, a part of me hopes that all of this water drinking will keep my protein levels from going up even more, but I know there is no scientific evidence that would support this. My pregnant brain is just grasping at straws here and trying to find a sense of control in this situation.

Also, I wouldn't worry unless the docs tell you they are concerned. Urine output is different for everyone and depends on how much you're taking in during the day. And if your kidney function looked ok on your labs then you are probably doing all right. Ask about your BUN and creatinine levels at your next appointment. But no worrying until you're given a reason right? Easier said than done! Wink

Honest confession:  I used to CHUG bottles of water every Friday beginning about 4 hours before my doctor's appointment.  My urine would be completely clear.  I attribute keeping Lily from being delivered at 27 weeks to this.  However, the Friday I was admitted to the hospital, I didn't even bother doing it because my BP was so out of whack...and my urine was still clean!  So all those weeks of doing that...for nothing.  But it was my small way of trying to control what was happening to me, even though I knew I really had no control.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"