Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Can I ask your opinion about something?

I have $50 in GoodStart coupons (they print out at the register) for the grocery store I shop at (Giant).  You can only use them at a Giant store.  I have posted on multiple boards (including my local baby board) that I want to get rid of them and have had no takers. 

DH is laid off right now.  Every single dollar counts.  Would it be wrong of me to post on my local CraigsList and ask for $20 for these $50 in coupons (they don't expire until June and July)?  I'm not one to normally try make money on something I didn't pay for....but I hate for them to go to waste and now, more than ever, we could use the money.  Thoughts?

Re: Can I ask your opinion about something?

• Options
    Not sure if it's right or not to ask for money for coupons, but personally, I wouldn't pay for them.  I might trade you something.  You could post it as coupons for trade.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought about trading, but there's nothing that I really need.  Ben is still on formula (bad gag reflex), but I am set for at least a few months with formula checks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's fine to sell them on Craigslist or Ebay.  I understand that some people have a "philosophical" objection to selling coupons, but I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if you need the money.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • Options
    Not wrong at all. Try craigslist and ebay. I would gladly have spent $20 for something that would have saved me an additional $30.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And the "because I didn't pay for it" doesn't make me feel like you shouldn't sell it. If someone gave me something I didn't want or like or it was a duplicate, I'd happily sell it even though I didn't pay for it. I'm also planning to sell some of the toys or clothes ds got as gifts once he's finished with them - again - all things I didn't pay for.
  • Options

imageMrs Manners:
    And the "because I didn't pay for it" doesn't make me feel like you shouldn't sell it. If someone gave me something I didn't want or like or it was a duplicate, I'd happily sell it even though I didn't pay for it. I'm also planning to sell some of the toys or clothes ds got as gifts once he's finished with them - again - all things I didn't pay for.

I totally agree with this and I have done it before too.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

miscarriage at 8 weeks - August 2009
  • Options
    I think you are more than fine to do this. You're doing someone else a favor: you are saving them $30! Good luck. :-)
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  I just posted the ad.  Hopefully, someone can use them!
  • Options

imagecmeon_the_water:
    I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing that, or buying them. It's clearly against almost all manufacturer's coupon rules. Can you just use them for $50 worth of product, and sell the product?

I'm not too concerned about breaking manufacturer's rules..but that's me.

Even if I used the coupons, I'd still have to lay out money (they are $7 of one can or $10 off two) and hope that I can sell them later.  With my husband having no job right now, I'm not willing to take that chance. 

• Options
    do it. have you seen coupons for sale on ebay? people will buy.
  • Options
    go for it.  people sell coupons all the time on ebay.  good luck to you!
  • Options
    people buy and sell all kinds of stuff on ebay. go for it!
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Options
    I've bought some on ebay, so I'd go for it.
  • Options
    No harm in trying! The market will dictate if it's right or wrong. If someone is willing to pay money, then it's worth money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"