Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

feeling really discouraged!!!

i am due in 2 weeks and feeling really down in the dumps...i know i dont "belong here" but i figure i would get advice from the you all natural veterans............

today was my last day of work. i went into the day thinking that customers and co workers would be especially supportive and have nothing but encouraging words to say. why does that translate into being openly offered advice?dont get me wrong, i love advice, especially from a veteran mother, but it gets on my nerves when the advice doesnt pertain to the way you would like to go about things...

my plan is do things naturally, not jump for that medication, let labor progress on its own. if for at any reason i cant handle it, THEN i am prepared to consider other options. why is it that when people hear this they automatically think its their que to tell you what you'll really want??? the other thing that bugs me is when its a man telling you what youre going to want... not to be sexist....but really??? how the hell would they know??? 

i guess what im trying to say is that im feeling really discouraged today...i only have a couple weeks left and i want to feel as confident in my decision as i can. any words of wisdom from you moms..... especially you "all natural" mommas???Crying

Re: feeling really discouraged!!!

• Options

Don't listen to the nay-sayers!  The best thing you can do is to think positive thought (yes, I know that sounds cheesy).  The more calm and relaxed you are in the days leading up to labor, the more you will enjoy your birth experience.

• Options

I was not an au natural momma, but I wanted to reply to you because in those last weeks, I was losing it too.  You're right, EVERYONE has an opinion and offers it up wanted or not, especially the last month of pregnancy.  I would tell people as little as possible.  Don't tell them you're going natural or not..  if they ask "are you getting an epidural?" or anything else, be vague and say "I haven't decided yet, we'll see how it goes" and when they say "oh you MUST" or whatever, just say, well that's nice that it worked for you.  Now, if it's a man, ask him why he decided to go natural or get the epi when he delivered...Stick out tongue

But it's okay to be really aggrivated the last weeks.  I went out a lot to make the time pass and wanted to punch every store clerk that asked me what I was having, when I was due, etc.  It just all gets so old the last few weeks. Hang in there and do keep an open mind during labor regarding pain, but do what is best for you and baby.  Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can totally do it, don't get discouraged. ?And yes I know just how you're feeling. ?That's what I wanted too and everyone was saying "Oh really?" ?and telling me how they couldn't do it and looking at me like I was crazy. ?Well, I was 1 week overdue, which was frustrating b/c I was 50% effaced and not dilating for weeks and weeks. ?And then I only dilated 1cm, and it was looking like I might have to induce. ?But then 1 week late exactly I went in to labor on my own. ?I didn't even realize I was in labor a while. ?By the time I could tell that the contractions were really real, it was 5:30pm. ?The contractions got harder and by 7:15 we were on the way to the hospital. ?I was 4cm when we got there and even the nurses thought I was still going to be a while, and probably didn't really believe my contractions were that bad since it was my first pregnancy - they were all taking their time. ?And then 20 min later I was 8cm and they were freaking out that the doctor wasn't even there yet. ?Long story short, by 8:45 I was pushing and by 8:53 we had our baby boy. ?No epidural, no nothing. ?And the doctor just barely made it. ?Natural was hard and intense, but I was so lucky I think that it went fast and I ended up doing great. ?So you can do it too! ?Don't lose hope! ?And enjoy this time you have off of work before the baby comes b/c I spent mine wishing the baby would just come already, and now I wish I'd enjoyed the lounging and sleeping time I had then! ?: )
  • Options
    Listen.  The only person that can say what is right for you is YOU.  No coworker or mother or husband or random lady on the bus can tell you how you will feel when the time comes.  Being pregnant comes with an automatic badge that screams, "tell me all about how it was for you!"  And I LOL at men who try to chime in.  Being in the room does not constitute delivery for you, mister!  Just take things with a grain of salt and don't let it get to you!  You'll find your groove!
  • Options
    I asked my dr to euthenize (sp?) me if the baby didn't come out soon.  I know how you feel.  Hang in there, then end is near!  You can do it!
  • Options
    you CAN do it. i was induced and made it through 7 hrs of pit contractions and 2.5 hrs of pushing w/ no pain meds. it's not for everyone, don't beat yourself up if your childbirth experience doesn't go the way you had planned, because more than likely, it won't. my water broke @ 3cm and 15 minutes later i was fully dialated...otherwise i would have been screaming for the epi! take it one contraction at a time and you'll be amazed at what your body is capable of :)
  • Options

Hi mama!

I can't say I really understand b/c 1) I wanted and got an epi and 2) I was never as pregnant as you (went @ 36 wks), but I know how AWFUL the end of my short pregnancy was! You are so uncomfortable and understandably anxious about the major life change that's about to occur, and everybody and their sister has an opinion about your size, shape, birth plans, childcare plans, etc. It is really enough to make a mama-to-be lose it!

The main thing is just hang in there! This is YOUR body and YOUR baby. You have the right to do what you wish during labor. I have all the confidence that you can have a natural labor if you wish. And if the situation dictates otherwise, no biggie either -- as long as you feel in control of it. Once baby is here everybody will continue to offer you obnoxious "advice" and criticize your decision, but screw them! You are the mama. The ball is in your court. So no matter what they say, let it roll off your back - these are your decisions 100%.

Try to enjoy the last few weeks (days?) you have left. Go out to eat with your hubby and cuddle. Hang in there! You will meet your LO (on your terms) very soon! good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"