Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Cost of birth??

2»

Re: Cost of birth??

• Options
    Well, my cousin that doesn't have insurance found out that her birth at the high end, meaning boy and c-section will be about 6,000.00 If it is a girl and vaginal with no complications about 3500.00. For us, with insurance it will be about 8,000 and our part will be 80% of that, but all pedatrian services are free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would check and see if your state offers supplemental Medicaid. I know in my state you can qualify for a supplemental type medicaid to help cover the difference between your private insurance and the costs.

With my insurance I have a 2500 out of pocket max. Unfortunately I don't have a specific deductible, just co-pays that don't count towards that OOP Max. So A Hospital visit is 200, so I will pay a total of 2700 for the hospital visit. I also pay one 25 copay for all the office visits! So I will not pay any more than 3000 for the WHOLE thing.

Also, Yes I will be driving about 45 minutes (as of right now. Assuming I don't move to FL before I get PG or deliver) to my hospital for a routine delivery. There is a small hospital about 15-20 minutes away if i have any complications or need help right away, but under normal circumstances, I'll be going to the bigger (top 100 rated) hospital about 45 minutes away.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure of the cost.  Our insurance has a 3K ded then covered at 80% until the out of pocket is met then covered at 100%
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagevshadd00:
    Well, my cousin that doesn't have insurance found out that her birth at the high end, meaning boy and c-section will be about 6,000.00 If it is a girl and vaginal with no complications about 3500.00. For us, with insurance it will be about 8,000 and our part will be 80% of that, but all pedatrian services are free.

Why is there a difference in price for delivering a girl vs a boy? (I'm guessing it would be if she's getting him circumcised)

Reading this post makes me so thankful I live in Canada... high taxes and all. 

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagedeo:

imagevshadd00:

Why is there a difference in price for delivering a girl vs a boy? (I'm guessing it would be if she's getting him circumcised)

Reading this post makes me so thankful I live in Canada... high taxes and all. 

Maybe the circumcision? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ZAngelZAngel member

The bill is broken down for the doctor and then for the hospital.  We have to pay 20% of both and have a $1500 deductible.  Our doctor bill was around $1800 for a scheduled c-section.  This does not include items such as the NT scan (we had to pay around $100 for that). 

Then the hospital bill will include the difference of the private room, the anesthesiologist, equipment, supplies, meds, and nursing care.  We will be required to pay 20% of this (up to our max out of pocket).

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Yes it is because a boy would get circumcised.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"