1st Trimester
Options

8 week ultrasound-can you even see anything?

I just scheduled my 8 week ultrasound, two weeks from tomorrow.  I want to be excited, really I do.  But after looking at pictures online, I just don't "get it." 

8 week images just look like blurry blobs to me.  Did it excite you or was it just "meh?"  I'm hoping it'll hit me when I actually get in front of the screen.

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11

Re: 8 week ultrasound-can you even see anything?

• Options
    It is crazy awesome.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• Options

imageRogue Lily:
    It is crazy awesome.

That's good to hear!

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't expect to see much today...but I surely did tear up. 

Yeah, it does look like an alien blob, but it was awesome!!

And hearing the heartbeat,  best. moment. ever.

• Options

For DS it was sooo awesome! We could see a very distinct "blob" in the middle of blackness. I love the picture we have from that.

For this pregnancy it was not as great. It was all just one big blur. We did see the heartbeat, but you can't tell where the random crap ends and the baby begins. 

So really it can go either way. I wouldn't get your hopes up for something awe inspiring, but I'm sure it'll be great to see the heartbeat either way :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It will hit you when you're actually seeing it. ?Truth be told it is just a shape on the screen and it won't look like a baby at that point, but it makes it so real when you see the beating of the heart. Good luck!
  • Options
    It's great. The pictures look like little blobs, but you can see a clear heartbeat in person.?
  • Options
    When its your blob, you will feel different.  lol.  Actually by 8 weeks I think it looks like more than a blob.  Its more like a gummy bear.  You can see a head distinct from the blob.  See siggy.  Plus when its live and not just a pic online, you can see the heart beating away.  And that is just the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To see the little heartbeat flicker on the screen....takes your breath away.  Amazing.  Have a wonderful time. 
  • Options

I WISH I could have one at 8 weeks!  My 8 week appt is just blood work/physical exam-type stuff. 

Good luck!

• Options
    Blurry blob or not...it was AMAZING!!! pic in siggy
  • Options
    We had an u/s at about 8 1/2 wks and you could clearly see where the head was and where the arm and leg "buds" were. And of course, the heartbeat was incredible. On the printouts it just looks like a little bean or gummy bear, but watching it in real time its easier to tell what you're looking at.?
  • Options
    um.  I was somewhere in-between awesome and meh.  It was definitely cool to see the heartbeat (we didn't hear it.  I think THAT'D be awesome).  I don't know what it's called, but I had the 'inside ultrasound' thingy.. and it was more real because I can a camera up my who-ha and you could see the gummybear in the yolk sack.  But I was too worried about it being healthy and okay and focused on screening decisions to make and all the questions and future classes and tests.  So...it was a relief but I didn't cry or get emotional.  It's more real.
  • Options

Looking at the u/s pic it is different for your own baby. 

Our first pic of Bean looks like a little hamster running in a wheel or Bowser from the original Mario Bros.  Not much to look at.  But being in the doctor's office, seeing the little blob for the first time is an amazing experience.  Especially seeing that little flutter of a heart ~ unforgetable!

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    it was awesome and to see that little heart beating is amazing.
  • Options
    Mine turned out great yesterday at 8w4d. I have to agree: seeing the heartbeat flicker makes up for the "blob" you might see. I even saw baby moving a bit!
    image BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    ya i never got that excited about the early sonos. i dont even have the foggiest clue what im looking at. :) dunno. seeing hb is kinda cool. ust have the sono tech tell you what they see when they see it. then its more exciting.
  • Options
    at mine last week , I didn't expect to see anything but we did. He/she looked like a peanut.  :) At about 12 weeks, (our next appt.) it will look more like an actual baby.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I sobbed at my 8 wk ultrasound! It was more just because something was there, I was actually pregnant! Yes, it's just a blob, but I could distinguish head and body (even though they are about equal size LOL) and I could see heartbeat, and got to hear it. It's amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Options
    We couldn't see much, but it was really great to have the doctor say everything looked great - our dates were right, so they confirmed the due date, and we got to see that there's a strong heartbeat. ?So even if the baby was just a little bean, it was wonderful to hear that everything was going well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have mine scheduled for next week.  My doctor is calling it a dating ultrasound.  Is that the same for everyone else?
  • Options
    they didnt call mine a dating u/s, i go next week too. but did you know the exact day of your LMP? i had been charting so i even knew before going in the exact day we conceived and the due date before he told me! that was kinda cool. ill be 8 weeks at mine on monday. i hope we get to actually hear the heartbeat!
  • Options
    mine was at 9 weeks and it was super exciting!  We could see little arms and legs moving and even a weeeee little nose on the blob! Dh said right then that he can't believe how people could even consider aborting such a cute little person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"