Preemies
Options

Now H1N1 is in our neighborhood :(

The elementary school in our neighborhood was closed down today because of a confirmed case of swine flu.

Crap crap crap. This is way too close for comfort :(

Re: Now H1N1 is in our neighborhood :(

• Options
    yuck!  :(  sorry.  it's all over where i live too but not that close yet.  we're just staying in.  we've been in for 5 months, what's another week or 2.  frustrating though.
  • Options

I'm really trying my hardest to not freak the eff out, but it's not working too well. I took my boys to Target today (the closest Target to the school that was closed today) and there were sick, coughing people EVERYWHERE. Then we went to the pedi this afternoon cuz one of the guys has an ear infection.

I'm so scared that one of us caught it today. So, so scared. I guess we'll know by the end of the weekend, huh?

My husband just called to officially put me and the boys on house arrest - we're not allowed to leave the house until this fizzles out. This is not going to be fun, with two 1.5 year old boys who have a ton of energy :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes I know the feeling.   We are on house arrest as well since the high school by us was closed.   Even though we have been outside several times today to play the kids are going crazy.  Which means I am going CRAZY.   Hopefully things start to settle down soon.
  • Options

We now have a "probable" case in our city, too.

I tried to call my pediatrician today to see what she thought but she's out of the office for the rest of the week. We were *supposed* to be off quarantine tomorrow, but I guess we'll stay in a little longer. I just hope this crap dies down quickly.

• Options
    ijackijack member
    yikes!
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Options
    mcdevmcdev member
    one of my good friends is getting back from mexico tonight. ?does anyone know what the incubation period is for this flu? ?keira's birthday party is may 9th and my husband is insisting i tell my friend she can't come anymore. ?great. ?can't wait to do that. ?we also have a sleep study for keira at CHOP coming up. ?it took 4 months to get the appointment so i don't really want to cancel, but depending on how this all plays out, we just might!
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Options
    oh, goodness. ?i hope it stays away from your home!
  • Options
    OH crap!!!
  • Options

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I am freaking out for you. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it is to STAY away from those boys.

• Options

mcdev. I found this:

The answer to how long that the swine flu can be contagious, or how long the swine flu incubation period can be is unfortunately a variable number depending on who has contracted the virus. According to information from the Minnesota Star Tribune, "infected persons are contagious for up to seven days from the onset or longer if they continue to display symptoms." This is taken directly from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but is a tad unfortunate, because that means that there is no specific number of days that can be assigned to someone who has been determined to have the swine flu.

• Options

mcdev- I watched a news conference w the head of our county health department yesterday. He said the incubation period is only a couple of days. When they close schools in our state they are doing it for 7 days, with the thought that it's a couple of incubation periods so hopefully the flu will peter out before the schools reopen.

But, I think we don't know enough about the virus yet to really know how it behaves. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"