Infertility
Options

My f/u appt. with RE was today

He really believes that the ectopic was just bad luck.  He wants us to wait 2 cycles and then try again (so July probably).  He doesn't want to jump to IVF yet, he thinks doing the same protocol is best (clomid, trigger, prog. supps etc.). 

I have mixed emotions.  I am glad that we can move on soon but I don't think I'll be able to stop being scared that I'll have another ectopic.  He said I have a 3% chance of another one.  But considering I had a 1% of having this one, it doesn't comfort me much. 

Does this sound like the best plan??

Re: My f/u appt. with RE was today

• Options

Just having had one myself, this PETRIFIES me as well. ?

I think a break is good and if you can get pg w/o IVF, I would continue w/ what works. ?Unfortunately, ectopics with IVF can happen as well and are not wholly uncommon ( as was my case).

Enjoy your break, take some time to heal and I hope your luck changes!

Hugs.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I understand your fear but it sounds like the RE's rec is a good one to follow. enjoy your break!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's scary. We decided to do 3 iui w/injectabls + clomid before moving on to IVF. I would go with what your RE thinks is a good plan. A break is also good after an ectopic. We waited for 3 months following ours.
    11/7/07-Ectopic in right tube.-Tube removed.
    IUI#1-bfn, IUI#2-bfn, IUI#3-bfn, IUI#4-cancelled. 3/2010-IVF#1-c/p. 6/2010-FET
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"