Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Sewing ?

I am still trying to sew some knit fabric scraps but I can't seem to get the fabric to not be wavy after it goes through the machine.  I've adjusted the thread tension dial so that it stops jacking up on me on the underside of my fabric.  I thought this might help with the waviness, but no.  Can anyone help me please?  I hate the waviness and am getting frustrated because there's not really anything about it in my manual.

Re: Sewing ?

• Options
    The only thing I can think of is to make sure you aren't stretching the fabric as you are running it through. I hope that helps! It is very frustrating when things don't work like they should.
  • Options
    I'm definitely not stretching it.  I'm barely touching it while it's on the machine.  And it is frustrating.  :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try to page glad or jenni later - I know there are other nesties who'd know, but they'd probably be able to give you some good info.  I would have thought it was the tension, myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Make sure you have the right needle for the fabric. I was going to sew a brushed satin material and the clerk at the fabric store recommended I get some ball point needles (small size) b/c they're more delicate with the fabric and won't cause "pulling".
  • Options
    Also, sometimes if you steam (lots of steam) and lightly press the fabric after sewing it, the fabric will shrink back to normal.
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Options

Are you serging, or just sewing?  Try adjusting the presser-foot pressure, if you can.  The problem is that the feed-dogs are pulling on the fabric while the presser foot is pushing down, causing the stretch.  If you can release the tension on the presser foot some, the fabric will slide through with less stretch.

If you're serging, you need to adjust your feed differential.  

hths

=)

• Options
    I'm thinking foot, too. Have you tried a walking foot?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSarahE182:
    Make sure you have the right needle for the fabric.

I thought this. Also, is the needle really old??

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"