Austin Babies
Options

Moms of boys, haircut advice from a friend

A girlfriend of mine passed on a little piece of advice to help your little man with his first haircut. Get him used to the sound of the clippers by using your husbands electric shaver or trimmer (a female trimmer works too if that's what you have!). The buzzing vibration sound, when heard at home, isn't as bad as being in a new place with new faces and being put in a chair with something drapped over them all the sudden. She said she started by pretend cutting DS's hair about a week before his first cut with him in the high chair (after being fed, so pretty content).  Just going all around his head while singing a silly hair cutting song. When she took him in for the cut, he hardly flinched let alone cry.

Worth a try in my book! I adapted this technique by always exposing DD to my blow dryer early on. Worked well since now, when it's been really cold at night, I can put it on cold blow and tossle her hair dry really quickly. She thinks it's funny

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Moms of boys, haircut advice from a friend

• Options

Good tip!  Jakob was terrified of the clippers until he was about 3 years old, he always had to get his hair cut with comb/scissors. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Never thought they'd use clippers on a baby or toddler! I'll have to keep that in mind. I think hubby is closer to being ready for it than I am. We talked about doing it in Sweden this summer, we shall see!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagefjaril:

Never thought they'd use clippers on a baby or toddler!

Its a lot quicker to do the back and the sides with the clippers.  Scissors take forever, and they move their heads so much its a bit dangerous, those scissors are sharp!

• Options

I would be too scared to use DH's clippers around the baby considering he moves so much.  I think I'll just use a vibrator instead, since it's much safer with that rubbery stuff on there. 

(sorry, in a sick and twisted mood today!  obviously i would never do that, but the 6th grader in me can't see the words buzzing sound without thinking of one :)

• Options
    Oh, sorry for getting off track.  Thanks for the advice Taytee!  This really is a good idea!  I haven't taken DS for a haircut, yet.
  • Options
    imagemaribel922:

I would be too scared to use DH's clippers around the baby considering he moves so much.  I think I'll just use a vibrator instead, since it's much safer with that rubbery stuff on there. 

(sorry, in a sick and twisted mood today!  obviously i would never do that, but the 6th grader in me can't see the words buzzing sound without thinking of one :)

totally cracked me up! I heard my laugh on the baby monitor :p

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"