TTC after 35
Options

Vent: Feeling old today

Maybe it's because practically everyone on my local nest board (OK) is under 30 and then I just read the Make-Up thread on GP and most everyone is in their 20's (several young 20's and KU!)

Not to mention that my mom constantly reminds me that "when I was your age you kids were practically grown!" (She had me and my twin brother just before her 20th birthday and my younger brother came along 16 months later).

The only time I feel young is when I am at work.  I am the youngest executive by 10 years.  The other staff members my age are all support staff and not in management at all and the board members are old enough to be my mother or even grandmother.

Boo!  I am glad I am not in my twenties anymore and am happy with (most of) the choices back then.  But at the same time, I sometimes feel regretful that I wasn't ready to settle down and have babies back then.  Thank goodness for my BFFs IRL (all first time mommies in their 30's) and you all!

Re: Vent: Feeling old today

• Options

You are so NOT old!  And look at all you've accomplished?

I'm 38 and my DH is 46!  You have many more of life's adventures ahead of you.  Hang in there!

• Options
    Agreed.  I always feel old on the national boards.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well you know where I stand on the makeup issue. LOL. Heehee.

And agreed on this great board :)

*And...I think we all feel like that now and then :) Hope you feel better.

• Options
    I'm also feeling old because my mom was 37 going on 38 when she had me and she always was SOOOO much older than all my friend's parents.  Now I realize I won't be much younger than she was.
  • Options

I completely agree with you on both points. The other people at my work make me feel like a kid, but all of my friends are on their second and third babies. By the time my mom was my age, I was 13!  What's worse is that I'm now divorced (age 31), and don't forsee being in a situation in which I could possibly have a child by the time I'm 35. Even if I met someone today, I'd want to date for at least a year before getting engaged, engaged for a year before getting married, and married for a year before TTC. Then it's almost another year before baby arrives...and voila, there's my 35th birthday, passed already. And I'm in no place to meet someone today! LOL

• Options

so sorry you are feeling like this today.  It's normal!!  Just don't feel regret.  You are a wonderful role model to ladies around you I am sure.  I have a dear friend who just turned 39, is having trouble TTC & have real life regrets.  I reminder her daily of her journey & how fulfililng it has been.

Age has no bearing on how you feel ~ Age will make us all 'smarter' mom's!

I feel your pain though as I had the same thoughts today.  My earliest chance to be a mom is age 37.  GULP! 

• Options

Well you're young to me:)  I'm 40 and going for baby #2.  Now that will make you feel old really fast...LOL.  I ahven't been on the boards for a while but sometimes the girl's act like they are in high school with the pettiness and sometime meanness.  I was over all that drama long a ago. Anyway, don't feel old:)

• Options
    Sorry you are feeling "old" today.  I sometimes feel the same way if I spend too much time lurking over on the GP board.  As you said, there was a reason you made the choices you did and are waiting until now to have a baby.  Lots of women have babies later in life these days so you may be one of the older moms on the playground, but you certainly will have company. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry you are feeling old, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one!

Feel better!  {{HUGS}}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks ladies, I am glad that I am not alone and can come here and feel understood.

That said, I noticed the beginnings of crow's feet today in my rear view mirror as I drove home and thought, "I wonder if Botox is a no-no when TC/PG!?"  LOL!

• Options
    imageMarried2MrWright:

That said, I noticed the beginnings of crow's feet today in my rear view mirror as I drove home and thought, "I wonder if Botox is a no-no when TC/PG!?"  LOL!

Think of them as smile lines. And you should be smiling a lot with all you have accomplished!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"