Pregnant after 35
Options

Any other ideas???

So, I just came back from my very first accupuncture appointment to see if it will induce labor.

Funny thing - According to the tests they did... I have low energy in some areas (duh -LOL) and the areas correlate with being.... well.. a bey*tch. Oddly, they felt this was a bad thing and needed to be corrected... HMMMMM.. Not sure what's up with that..

Then I did two loads of laundry, ran to the bank, dug up some daisies and transplanted them in my garden and pulled some weeds...

Anybody have any other ideas. I am full term and am scheduled for an induction May 11th - which I am desperately trying to avoid.

Re: Any other ideas???

• Options
    I think you and Christine should compare notes, I would suggest walking, and lots of it, I know it's hard but I would try doing as much as I can.  I can't imagine you waiting until the 11th. 
  • Options

Hmmm... have they treated PG women waiting for baby's arrival before? I'm shocked that you have low energy, and b!tichiness (dripping with sarcasm).

I tried sitting on and bouncing on a yoga ball and walking a lot. I also tried raspberry tea. I was induced on my due date though so the things I tried didn't work for me. Who knows how long DD would have hung around if I hadn't been induced?

Avoid cod liver oil... it can make the baby poop in the womb... plus, really, who wants that?!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    eggplant, spicy foods and sex.  Not all at once!
  • Options

I got nuthin'.

Now I want spicy eggplant, though!  Mmm!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Oh lady.

I had szechuan eggplant the other night, I've attempted sex (we just laughed the whole time because the mechanics of the whole thing were SO ridiculous at this point... ) , can't bring myself to let someone see let alone touch my feet (but a accupressure pedicure might do it -you'd be amazed), someone told me primrose oil, haven't tried that yet.... had tons of caffeine.. didn't do anything other than made Charlie dance like a mad woman.. 

I'm scheduled for my section the DAY after you're scheduled for induction.    I'm as unamused as you are at the prospect of waiting and I am out of IDEAS.

Let me know if you come up with anything good!!

Where's a full moon when you need one!  (answer- we missed it... well, I was in L&D for it, but Charlie didn't show up...bleh.)

Christine

• Options

OK, now I also want eggplant, maybe a nice parmesian, 2 liters of Diet Pepsi and a foot massage.... I would even be willing to put out for it. We do have sex (when DH hasnt landed himself in the doghouse - see former note about b*tchiness) and itdoes actually does seem to help -  but my contrax start up and then peter out.

I feel like a very non aerodynamic race car, sitting on the starting line, and a God with a wicked sense of humor is revving my engine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"