Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

8 weeks and no AF

It has been exactly 8 weeks today since my d&c and still no sign of AF - 56 days.  I thought 4 to 6 weeks was normal.  I was always regular as clockwork before - every 28-30 days.  I am definitely not pregnant again and I had no complications from the d&c.  What could be keeping her away? Does being over 35 make any difference? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: 8 weeks and no AF

• Options

imagewademorgan:
    Does being over 35 make any difference? .

gulp~  i hope not!  I am 36!  (just had D&C on 4/20).

I'd def. call your DR!!  I think they can give you something to bring it along!

• Options
    I am in the same boat- 8 weeks yesterday. Were your hcg levels being checked? My RE told me it would be about 3 weeks after my hcg reached 0
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said up to 8 weeks is normal. If it took longer then that I was to call him.
  • Options
    Actually up to 3 months is considered normal.  I had to use provera to induce my flow and then use clomid to ovulate. 
  • Options

I was told to call if my AF took longer than 8 weeks.

I would wait a few days and call your doc if it still doesn't come. That's what s/he's there for.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options
    My experience wouldn't indicate that it's age related -- I'm 41 and got AF 32 days after D&C.
  • Options
    I Honestly don't think it's your age. I'm 38. But I do think that our bodies went thru something and that it takes some time to get it on track again. Good Luck to you! I hope everything works out for you!
  • Options
    I am no help, but I am 41 days past my D&C and had blood drawn yesterday and my # was down to 3.  Dr. still wants it checked next week and the nurse told me that until the #'s are down you may not see AF.
    Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. At 2 months I went to dr for bloodwork. At 3 months dr finally prescribed provera to jump start my body. Sorry AF is taking her sweet time.
  • Options
    Age is definitely not the reason. I'm 25 and i'm going on 9 weeks since my D&C and no AF! I called my DR last week and they want to give it another month and then they will prescribe something. I know it's very frustrating!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"