Indiana Babies
Options

We've joined the ranks...

...of those who have been laid off.  This morning, my DH's employer of four years, informed him they "no longer need his services."  Such a crock of crap...he has been there longer than everyone except one guy, I'm 29 weeks pregnant and he has busted his butt for them.  They have hired two guys in the last year (very small family owned and run business) who combined, have the knowledge and skill that DH has.  A month ago, management told him he was doing his job great and things were fine.  Just weird, not to mention frustrating!

Oh yeah, the company pays 100% for the employees health care and after DH and I got married in January and he added me on his insurance, he was informed that he should not ever expect a raise, that his raise was his wife and child being on his insurance!!

Anyways, if you hear of or know of anyone in the Indy area looking for a Systems or Network Administrator, please please page me and we would anxiously send them a resume!!

Thanks for letting me vent a little bit :-(  It's been a rough day -- he showed up at the hospital while I was having my 3hr glucose done...I knew right away something was wrong.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: We've joined the ranks...

• Options

I'm so, so, so sorry to heard that! Vent as much as you need.

::fingers crossed:: his job search is short and successful.

• Options

"Oh yeah, the company pays 100% for the employees health care and after DH and I got married in January and he added me on his insurance, he was informed that he should not ever expect a raise, that his raise was his wife and child being on his insurance!!"

I think I would have ran fast and as far away as possible after the above comment! That sucks so bad and I'm sorry for you, I will keep my ears and eyes open!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks!  Fingers crossed that his job search can provided results quickly.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you guys are having to go through that, especially so late in your pregnancy.  I hope he is able to find something, at least everyone still needs technology experts so hopefully there is just the right thing out there for him.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(
  • Options

Wow, I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that  right now; I can't imagine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll find something better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry your having to go through this, hopefully a new job comes his way quickly.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It sucks, but you can get through it! We're going on month 3 of MH being out of work. I hope yours can find a job very fast!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Oh my gosh, I am so so so sorry. Sounds like his employer is a total jackass. :(

good luck to him finding a new position!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  What's your email address?  I might know of something (not 100% sure though ... I'm checking on it.)
    image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that :-(
  • Options
    Ok, sounds like I do know of something.  When you have a chance, send me an email at lafletcher80@hotmail.com
    image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the support ladies!

My email is marie (dot) osborn (at) gmail (dot) com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really sorry. That sounds really unfair and crappy!
  • Options

Ugh what news to get right now!  So sorry to hear this. =(

On a completely different note, was it you who was looking for a light blue maternity polo?  I bought a few at Sears last weekend (the brand is New Addition) and they are really nice.  I thought of you because they had a light blue one...

• Options
    Boo!  I'm sorry!  Hopefully Laura's info works out for you!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have to go through with this! GL to him finding a new position.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this. I'm thinking of you.
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that!  Hopefully he finds something else soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"