Houston Babies

Bassinet usage?

Hi - I was just wondering, if you had a bassinet- about how long were you able to use it? I know it depends on the baby's weight at birth but I am just trying to get a better idea of about how much our bassinet will get used. Also, has anyone found a Web site with bassinet accessories (i.e. a skirt, liner, etc.)? Thanks!!

Re: Bassinet usage?

• PAGASPAGAS member

We had a cradle, it had a Colgate mattress and my aunt made the bedding, so I am no help with accessories.

We used it for 6 weeks.  We moved her into her crib in her room mainly because my DH had a nasty flu.  I might have gone a week or two more, but not much longer than that.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • We used the bassinet in our room for the first 6 weeks as she was asleep most of the time.  Once she woke up she preferred co-sleeping with us for a few weeks before sleeping in her crib full time around 2 months.  The weight limit on our bassinet is 15lb so she could've slept in there until the 4 month mark.

Our bassinet was a gift but I've seen bassinet accessories at jcpenny.com

HTH!

• Loading the player...
  • We bought an arm's reach baby bassinet that attached to the bed and used it once :(.. I'm breastfeeding and thought I would just bring her to me and set her back in but she would just cry and so she ended up in bed with us. My sister's bassinet rocked and that worked out much better. She used hers for months because the baby really responded to the rocking... I've also heard really good things about the Amby. It's almost like a hammock but for babies. I know that bassinets look a lot prettier but if I knew then what I know now go for what helps them sleep!!!

• we had a pack-n-play that we used in our room at night until dd started sttn. it was just easier because she was right there for feedings.

before that, we'd put her down in her crib during the day for naps to get her used to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe 3mo.

I didn't know they sold bassinet skirts seperately. Ours is attached to the body of the bassinet. You can buy a bassinet mattress and sheets at BRU though.

- Jena
  • We used ours until DS was just about 3 months.  We transitioned him up to his crib after that.  It also happended to be about the time he was growing out of it as well.

• This is one of those items I've been told to borrow.  So if you have family or friends with one laying around, ask to borrow it.  Not all kids really take to the bassinet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"