Parenting after a Loss
Options

At what point would you call the OB?

Meredith is 7.5 months old and I still haven't gotten af. I have had cramps some of them reminded me of my early labor. Like I even had to stop, sit down & breathe.?

So my question is... At what point would you call the ob? I don't wanna make something out of nothing. Ya know? ?

Re: At what point would you call the OB?

• Options
    I remember those cramps.  My step-sister is EBF, and she has the same thing happen at least once a day.  I think it's normal, but if you are concerned call the OB.
  • Options
    With my girls I would have gotten my period at 9 months PP.  . I didn't however because I got pregnant instead. . LOL! I think you are still totally in the normal range.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get AF until DD was 7 months old...and I stopped BFing at 4 months!  I'd wait a little longer to call.
  • Options
    Hey Crazy...I think we are in the same boat.  I've done a bit of research on this - and the avg time to get your first AF when exclusively BFing is 12-14 months.  I can send you some info if you want... there are ways to help speed this process up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you wouldn't mind sending it to me, that would be great.?
  • Options
    I'll email you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SuzPSuzP member

With DS I did not get AF until the week before his first birthday.  I didn't think too much about it at the time. 

Suzanne
    Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
    and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Options
    I BF too and haven't had AF. I've had some twinges and small cramps here and there but nothing to the point of sitting down. I don't think its all that unsual that you haven't gotten it yet, some people don't get AF until they wean completely.
  • Options
    With DD, I didn't get AF until I was 10 months pp.  I think it sounds pretty normal, but if your concerned, a call to the OB couldn't hurt.  :)
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options

I dont think you have anything to worry about- I am still BF as well and have not had a period PP.  I thought I was getting it last week with some cramps and even a tiny bit of spotting, but nothing every happened.

If the cramps are really bothering you though, you may want to just check in with your OB

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"