High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

~~Bedrest Mamas Thursday Check-in~~

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

Name:  Craylo

EDD: 5/01/09

Type of BR: on hospital bedrest

Since when: Friday 3/13

Reason: Pre-e

Name: CrunchyMama

EDD: 05/06/09

Type of BR: Able to use the bathroom and attend ob appointments

Since when: 4/20/09 (37w5d)

Reason: Gestational Hypertension (PIH)

Name:  Yummy Sushi Pajamas (Heather)

Type: Was strict but no longer on BR, cerclage removed on 4/14

Due date:  May 9

Since when:  19 weeks

Reason:  Incompetent cervix, cervical funneling

Name: birdie_1010

EDD: 5/11/2009

Type of BR: full bed rest off of work for duration of pregnancy. 

Since when: 3/16/09

Reason: Pre-term contractions and cramping due to low amniotic fluid levels.  Cervix is still long and hard. As of 3/23 I have 6.7 cm of fluid, but baby looks great.

Name: shertom

EDD: 5/13/09

Type of BR: Strict

Since when: 21w

Reason: contractions, shortened cervix, 2 fibroids causing these problems

Name:  Omahabridetobe

EDD: 5/15/09

Type of BR: modified-able to leave house occasionally

Since when: 2/19

Reason: preterm labor, shortening cervix (now 2.37cm.)  I was working 12 hour shifts on my feet and having contractions.

Name - bnv (virginia)

edd - may 19th

BR - complete 

since - Jan 3rd

reason - incomp cervix, cerclage placed 1/3

Name: buggles

EDD: 5/25/09

Type of BR: hospital bedrest w/ bathroom privileges, released to home bedrest 2/27

Since when: 21w5d

Reason: history of preterm delivery with 2nd pregnancy at 21 weeks due to chorioamnionitis, this pregnancy: cerclage after 1st tri. but showed shortened cervix and funneling on day of hospital admission

Name: avann

EDD: 5/27/09

Type of BR: Modified- allowed to go to the restroom and get a meal-allowed more privileges at 35 weeks

Since when: 32 weeks 

Reason: I have polyhydramnios (extra fluid) and have had cervical shortening since 20 weeks.  Cervix is currently at 1.6cm and 1 cm dialated.

Name: littlewonders

EDD: July 13 ... but we?re hoping to make it to sometime in May (32w?)

Type of BR: Hospital strict, bathroom, shower twice a week, get to sit up briefly for meals

Since when: 17w4d (Feb 6)

Reason:TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrom) and PTL (frequent contrax) most likely caused by invasive in-utero surgery needed to save our daughters from almost certain death caused by TTTS

Name:  MrsDeLovely

EDD: June 3, 2009

Type of BR: Light- Allowed to work, but off feet for afternoons and weekends; only driving to and from work, restricted lifting under 15 lbs.

Since When: December 18

Reason: bicornuate uterus- risk of preterm labor, contractions at 16 weeks, placenta previa and protein in urine

Name: Mrsolsenk12

EDD: 6/3/09

Since: 29 weeks 3 days

Type: released from hospital and now on semi-bedrest. Can take a shower and move to the couch. Can get up once an hour plus going to the bathroom.  4/24 ? Modified BR

Reason: Shortening cervix and cervix beginning to funnel.

Name:  Kikis7780

EDD: June 7, 2009

Type of BR: Strict- but can get up to use restroom and shower for 5 minutes

Since When: Jan 14

Reason: shortened cervix- had cerclage on Jan 15

Name: tristaprista (trista)

EDD: June 7, 2009

Type of Bedrest: Bed or Couch at all times. Can make a sandwich, shower, use restroom but spread out over the day

Since When: April 13 (32 weeks 1 day)

Reason: Contractions, dilated 3cm 50% effaced, history of pprom

Name: MStason

EDD: 6/8/09

Type of BR: Modified

Since when: 25 weeks

Reason: Not sure baby isnt growing enough but they say it isnt IUGR

Name: BelleBaby
EDD:
6/8/09 with twin boys
Type: Modified (I can get up 3 times a day to eat and once to shower)
Since:
4/29/09 (at 34w2d)
Reason: Preterm contractions

Name: ~PrincessBride2

EDD: 6/9/09

Type of BR: strict, but i can shower

Since when: 13 weeks

Reason: bleeding due to placenta previa and partial placental abruption

Name:  daisy22 (Wendy)

Due date:  June 9th

Since when:  24 weeks

Type of bedrest: Modified, 4/28 all restrictions lifted

Reason:  bleeding and cramping, placenta has pulled away some. On terb as needed for cramping/contractions

Name: Tiffany (Future Mrs Qualls)

EDD:  06-12

Type of BR: Doc didnt give it a name but I am allowed bed to couch to bathroom to kitchen. 

Since when:  04-27

Reason:  Gestational Hypertension

Name:  SFHOME

EDD: 6/13/09

Type of BR: shower, restroom, up to get food in kitchen, going to try working from home on couch

Since when: Friday 3/13/09

Reason: had cold knife cone surgery on my cervix about 6 years ago. cervix has since been measured every two weeks since 16 weeks. All was fine until last week my cervix measured 2.5 at 27 weeks. plan to go in for weekly appoiintments until at least 34 weeks.

Name: JCM (Joie)

EDD: 6/14/2009

Type of BR: Strict (bathroom and bathing only) at home trying to avoid hospital bed rest and weekly doctor appointment.  Now on Modified BR.

Since when:  24 weeks 1 day (February 23rd)

Reason: IC due to funneling

Name: Prima&Gee

EDD: 6/21/2009

Type of BR: modified

Since when: 14 weeks

Reason: previous ptl, PPROM, incompetent cervix, cerclage, TWINS!!!!

Name: SarahKatherine8 (Sarah)

EDD: June 29th, 2009, but according to my new doctors we will probably induce at 36 weeks if make it that far.

Type of BR: Modified. No work or housework.

Since when: 28 weeks (4/11/09)

Reason: Preeclampsia

Name: schmoodle

EDD: 7/1/09

Type of BR:  light/modified

Since when:16w2d

Reason: history of preterm delivery (lost last pregnancy unexpectedly at 23 weeks), possible cervical issues and placenta previa.

Name: s.s.girl

EDD July 2nd

Type of bedrest:  I can use the bathroom and shower that?s about it. The rest of the time I?m suppose to be laying down. 

Since when: 27 weeks

Reason: Admitted to the hospital for Pre-term labor, positive fFN, and a shortened cervix it?s currently less than 1 cm somewhere between .7-.9. Also a twin pregnancy.   

Name:  jameysgirl (Melanie)

EDD: July 4, 2009

Type of BR: Hospital - can get up to use the restroom and shower.  Other than that, I've had wheelchair rides around the hospital...

Since When: April 24

Reason: Low amniotic fluid (5 cm), baby's growth slowing, and not good weight gain for me. Receiving one round of steriod shots in case of early delivery.

Name: hulagirl09

EDD: 7/05/2009

Type of BR: I can go to the bathroom, take a short shower and make a quick meal and sit up to eat.

Since when: 23 weeks.

Reason: Short Cervix

Name: ShawnaDanielle

Due Date: July 7, 2009

Type of BR: Strict, bathroom and shower only

Since When: 22 weeks

Reason: Shortened Cervix

Name: krisflower

EDD: 7/08/2009

Type of BR: modified

Since when: 14 weeks 5 days

Reason: Previous preterm delivery, PTL

Name:  amber.rae.b

EDD: July 8, 2009

Type of BR:  on hospital bedrest now with mag drip

Since when: 3/9

Reason: Preterm Labor. Contractions (that I didnt even know I was having) was making my short cervix even shorter.

Name:  sparkle007

EDD: July 8, 2009

Type of BR: Hospital Bedrest

Since when: 3/20

Reason: preterm labor contractions & a shortening, funnelling cervix

Name: bkb2003

EDD: 7/11/2009 (scheduled c-section 7/3)

Type of BR: Light/modified 

Since when: 19 weeks

Reason: PTL - Timeable contractions but thankfully not dilated yet, goal to get to 24 weeks and then start on anti-contraction meds

Name:  Alibeck

EDD:    7/12/09 

Since:  25 weeks 

Reason:   3/23 signs of pre-e, 4/6 prelabor with 25% effacement.

Name:  MCGMK (Michelle)

Due date:  July 15

Since when:  13 weeks

Reason:  Incompetent cervix

Name: onemoregirl (Stephanie)

Due Date: July 15th

Since when: March 23

Reason: History of PTL, subchornionic hem. at 10 weeks, Modified bedrest due to having too many contractions at 23 weeks

Name:  Arkchic

EDD: July 29, 2009

Type of BR: Strict- but can get up to use restroom and shower

Since When: March 12--20weeks

Reason: shortened cervix- had cerclage on April 3 (23 weeks)

Name: Oscarkat

EDD: 8/1/2009

Type of BR: light/modified I can sit up but need to stay off my feet as much as possible. After two weeks they?ll evaluate to see if I can work from home.

Since when: 18w4d

Reason: Bleeding due to a low lying placenta.

Name: electricdoctor83 (Jessica)

EDD: 8/8/2009

Type of BR: modified bedrest for now, but expecting to go complete at some time pending contractions and cervix lenghts.

Since when:  March 25th

Reason: Preterm mild contractions, cramping, and pressure.  Cervix measuring 28 mm on initial U/S, staying steady so far at about 30 cm with weekly transvag U/S and started on prometrium to help relax the ute. STRONG family history of PTL.

Name: gertyrae

EDD: 8/12/09

Type of BR: modified bedrest ? go to the bathroom, eat, shower

Since when: 21 weeks

Reason: We lost our son on March 22, 2008 due to incompetent cervix and I had a cerclage put in at 13 weeks. At 18 weeks, the sono showed my cervix at 4.3 cm, but I have to go on bedrest anyway as we lost our son at 22 weeks last year. I will be going into the hospital at 24 weeks for steroid shots...regular OB doesn?t think I?ll make it past 28 weeks, I?m hoping to get into the 30?s at the very least, preferably 40.

Name: Jennifer (pebblesjns)

EDD: August 12

Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, but not allowed to leave the house), will get more privileges at 32 weeks

Since when: Saturday 4/25/09 (24w3d)

Reason: My cervix was measuring short (1.9 cm) at my repeat "big" u/s (even though it was fine the month before and the only reason we had a repeat was due to the baby's positioning blocking some views), down from 3.5 cm at 19 weeks.

Name: 2BWEDN2007 (Sara)

Due Date: August 15

Type of BR: Modified

Since When: 16 weeks when cerclage was placed

Reason: Incompetent cervix with history of premature delivery at 24w

Name: pinkpinkrocky (marisa)

EDD: 8/18/2009

Type of BR: strict at home bedrest with bathroom use only.

Since when: 3/16/09 at 18 weeks 

Reason: a large Subchorionic Hematoma and pre-term labor contractions.

Name:  Jmfote09

EDD: Aug 20th, 2009

Type of BR: Modified. Can make a sandwich and move to couch.

Since when: 2/20

Reason: Subchorionic Hematomas and possible Placenta Previa

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)

EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)

Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.

Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)

Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name:  gizmo909

EDD:  September 2, 2009

Type of Bedrest:  Modified

Since when: Feb 24th (12w6d)

Reason:  Severe Hyperemesis.  Currently have PICC line and on TPN 16hrs/day and Zofran pump 24hrs/day.

Add any updates!

QOTD: What is the best vacation you have ever been on?  If you have pics please feel free to PIP!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~~Bedrest Mamas Thursday Check-in~~

• Options

I'm heading to the peri in a few minutes, so we'll get some updates on the boys then.  I'm anxious about Baby A's fluid because it's been going down every week and he was just above their cut off last week.  If he's below today, I don't know if they'll deliver or what.

Best vacation was the cruise my mom took me and my SIL on last February.  Jamaica, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, and Princess Cays.  We swam with dolphins, climbed a waterfall, shopped (of course!), relaxed on the beach--so awesome!

• Options

My fFN results came back on Tuesday and they were negative, yay. I have an appointment with a peri on Wed. and then go back to my ob for another fFN the next Wed.

My favorite vacation is a toss up between our honeymoon to Disney World and the cruise we took Thanksgiving 2007 to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Both were extremely fun and I can't wait to go back to Disney and on another cruise!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi all!  I'm new to the whole bedrest thing, but I'm sure I'll be getting to know you all very well over the next few weeks.  Good luck to all on keeping those babies in there for a while longer!

Name:  DavisPT09

EDD:  June 27, 2009

Type of Bedrest:  Modified

Since when: April 28, 2009 (31w3d)

Reason:  Started having irregular contractions.  I'm already 1cm, 70% effaced, and cervix is soft.  Good news is my cervix was still measuring long and fFN was negative. 

Favorite Vacation: Our honeymoon in Florida.  Spent a few days in Orlando and then spent the rest on St. Pete Beach! 

• Options

I have my 28 week apt. tomorrow to see if they want to keep me on bedrest, also seeing my new doc for the first time, and moving this weekend! 

QOTD:  Definitely our honeymoon to Palm Dessert, CA!  It was unbelievably relaxing and surprisingly very pretty for the dessert! 

Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Update on the boys:

Baby A weighed 5 lbs. 10 oz. and Baby B weighed 5 lb. 2 oz.  They both scored 8/8 on the BPPs.

Mommy just needs to keep them cooking for a few more weeks!  My goal is to bring them home with me so I want their weights up just a little more before they make their appearance!

• Options

HEY GIRLS!!

My appointment went well yesterday.  My BP top number was back down to normal but my bottom number was still in the 90's.  I am working on a quilt for Callie and have gotten 20 out of 64 squares sewn together!! At this rate it should only take me 3 or 4 more days to get the front done!

My family goes to Ocean Isle Beach every year and below is a pic of me and DH last year.  I just LOVE it there!! It is a VERY family oriented beach!

• Options

No new updates just trying to take it easy...

QOTD: Fave vacation spot hands down is St John in the Virgin Islands. It is a bit of a trek to get there, fly in to St Thomas and then take a boat to St John but it is soooo worth it! We went there for our wedding / honeymoon and both of us are dying to go back! If I could figure out how to post a pix, I would but apparently I'm technology challenged. 

• Options
    Hi! This is my first post ever.  I was put on bedrest at 27 weeks for having a complete placenta previa.  Was admitted to the hospital a second time at 29 weeks.  I am going crazy and wanted to join a group to share my experience as well as hear from others that were going through the same situation.  How are you all dealing with the bedrest?
  • Options

No new updates...

Favorite vacation was my honeymoon in Playa Del Carmen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"