Alabama Babies

What steps will you take if swine flu hits Alabama?

If the cases in Huntsville are confirmed, will you take any extra precautions?

I guess I'm overreacting but I'm not planning on leaving the house unless absolutely necessary. We are supposed to go to an annual "new baby sunday" service at church this weekend, but now I'm doubting whether to go.

I also got DH to pick up some hand sanitizer and spray lysol tonight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: What steps will you take if swine flu hits Alabama?

• Haven't thought that far ahead, but OMG, Lydia, your siggy pic is SOOOO beautiful!! 
  • The flu virus only lives on a surface (table, chair, ect.) for 3 to 4 hours. So I have got lysol, hand sanitizer and we are washing our hands many times a day. I had started taking Vit. C but the CDC said that wouldn't help this strand.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • To be honest, I didn't think much about it until I had our Monday Dinner friend call to say he's sick (NOT the Swine Flu, but he was concerned enough he went to the Dr. yesterday to confirm that) He played with Mason a lot Monday night so I'm watching for any sick symptoms like a hawk!  There's a stomach bug going around too. 

I'm more concerned about going out in public/germs in general. But I always have 3/4 containers of Lysol wipes scattered around the house, 4 purell bottles dispersed for easy access, and Lysol spray (around here somewhere). Which actually reminds me that I need to clean out the fridge soon...

• meh I'm really not concerned.  There's still such a small percentage of people that have it.  MUCH more people get the regular flu during flu season.  I didn't have the flu shot while I was pregnant and I was fine.  I just washed my hands.  I'm more concerned what's going on 'behind the scenes' while people are so focused on the swine flu.

With you having a new little one...I'd just treat this like it's flu season.  Just take precautions.  Wash your hands, don't let people hold Kennedy without washing their hands, etc.

ALSO...your sig pic is SO precious!!!

DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • I'm doing my best to avoid large groups of people...but I generally do that anyway for my sanity.  I'm also compulsively washing my hands.  Beyond that, I don't think there's much more I can do.  I am however thankful that my DH works with dogs (rather than people) all day long!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesouthernbelle82:

meh I'm really not concerned.  There's still such a small percentage of people that have it.  MUCH more people get the regular flu during flu season.  I didn't have the flu shot while I was pregnant and I was fine.  I just washed my hands.  I'm more concerned what's going on 'behind the scenes' while people are so focused on the swine flu.

this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekkh2002:
    I'm doing my best to avoid large groups of people...but I generally do that anyway for my sanity. 

That cracked me up! I can sooooo relate!! ;o)

Its hard not to completely freak yourself out about it...especially when thats all everyone can talk about....and my most of my coworkers just got back from Mexico....but I'm just watching for signs of symptoms in Nate and trying my best to keep germs at bay.

• We have SD for a few weeks right now and her mom keeps calling asking if she has this symptom or that.  I think using common sense is the most important thing.  We're moms not morons, use your good judgment.
  • I'm very good with hand sanitizer anyway, always open doors around work with a paper towel, and use a wet wipe with alcohol on grocery cart handles so I will keep up the usual.  I did buy DH a pocket pack of wet wipes to keep in his brief case and use.  He's flying sometime next week, so I'm instructing him to wipe down his tray and arm rests as soon as he sits down, which is a great habit to have anyway.  I've wiped some gross things off those trays... :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"