Alabama Babies
Options

Madison County schools closed

2 possible cases of the swine flu were detected at Heritage Elementary.

This totally scares me. 

Re: Madison County schools closed

• Options

Holy crap. That scares me too. DH is supposed to go back to work on Monday and I don't want him being around all those students at UA. I'm scared with a newborn at home.

We are in a wedding this weekend and our good friends are going to Mexico on their honeymoon. I told DH that I don't want either of us around them for at least two weeks after they get home just to be safe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    It is very scary!! I just hope and pray that none of our babies get it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since Madison County Schools are closed, I won't be working tomorrow, and Parker and I will be staying home.  It is scary that this is hitting this close to home.  I also saw that several daycares are closed until Monday just like the schools.  I am glad that they are being extra cautious, but I hate that we will have to make up these days at the end of the school year.  Oh well!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    They are even closing day care. DH is at a Madison Co school and we couldn't believe it. I really though someone was playing a joke.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I just told DH this, and he freaked and said I need to stay home from work for a few days, just in case. Have they said anything about swine flu and being pregnant?
  • Options

imageAlisha530:
    I just told DH this, and he freaked and said I need to stay home from work for a few days, just in case. Have they said anything about swine flu and being pregnant?

I saw on the news today that there was a pregnant woman who had the swine flu and ended up having an emergency c-section because she was having respiratory problems.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

yep! day care is CLOSED.

UGh! my mom is coming tomorrow and we were going to take a trip to nashville.  I think we might be cancelling that now.

• Options
    imageMissLMS:

imageAlisha530:

I saw on the news today that there was a pregnant woman who had the swine flu and ended up having an emergency c-section because she was having respiratory problems.

yikes, I really might stay home if any Bham cases are reported.
  • Options

Yeah, Hsv City schools are closed too.  Haley is home today and Caleb's playgroup has been cancelled too.  I hate sitting in the house all day...but I'm almost afraid to go anywhere!  Jim thinks people are blowing it all out of proportion, but I'm not so sure...  A 22 month old died from it.

• Options
    imageFutureMrsWagner:

Yeah, Hsv City schools are closed too.? Haley is home today and Caleb's playgroup has been cancelled too.? I hate sitting in the house all day...but I'm almost afraid to go anywhere!? Jim thinks people are blowing it all out of proportion, but I'm not so sure...? A 22 month old died from it.

?

This is true Monica, but I'm more inclined to agree with your DH. I am glad that Madison is trying to keep it from spreading by being cautious, don't get me wrong.

But, as for the 22 month old- the boy was from Mexico, ?caught it in Mexico City. ?He only came to the US to get treatment and then died from pnemonia caused by the flu virus. There definitely seems to be a difference between the Mexican cases and US cases (thankfully).

The good news is the 2 cases in Madison have not traveled out of the country, and they are both at home recovering, not in the hospital. Hopefully everything gets cleared up soon! If I were pregnant or had a small child I would be concerned too, I understand what you're saying.?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"