Baby Names

Need ideas: family names.

Both of my grandmothers passed last year within a few months of each other. I would love to find a way to honor them in DD's name but these are not easy names!

Grandma 1-Luella Marie

Grandma 2- Dorothea Anne

Any ideas on how I could change/alter these? 

Re: Need ideas: family names.

• Well, you could use them as middle names. Or you could change Luella to just "Ella."

That's all I've got :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, are you planning on a separate first name? Or do you want a combination to make a first name and a mn from these?

Personally I really like Anne Marie the best. ?The only other combinations I can think of are Marie Dorothea, ?Marie Luanne, ?or Anne Louise.

I really think it should be a close to their actual names as possible if they are the namesakes. I understand though. My mom's name is Dorothy and I don't think she would ever want me to use it, as even she does not like it very much. Some names are tough.?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Could you use Anne Marie as the middle name and honor both?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LMS05LMS05 member

Dh's great-grandma is Dorothea. I think it's so pretty! I also like Dorothy. What about Dorothy Marie?

I also LOVE the suggestion of Anne Marie. That's my favorite 2 names as first names combination. ?

• imagestarsmaycollide:

Well, are you planning on a separate first name? Or do you want a combination to make a first name and a mn from these?

Personally I really like Anne Marie the best.  The only other combinations I can think of are Marie Dorothea,  Marie Luanne,  or Anne Louise.

I really think it should be a close to their actual names as possible if they are the namesakes. I understand though. My mom's name is Dorothy and I don't think she would ever want me to use it, as even she does not like it very much. Some names are tough. 

I'm open to all possibilities. I've though of Anne Marie and just using Luella as a middle name and choosing my own 1st name. 

• I really like Ella as a first or mn, and I really like Anne Marie too.  Anne Marie would be kind of cool because you get to honor both grandmothers.  Also like Luella as a middle name.  Also like Anne as a first or middle name.  I think you have quite a few good options! 

(P.S. Did you see my post to you yesterday late afternoon?  If you scroll down, it's on this same page.)

• I like PP with Marianna. a little more unusual that Anne Marie.
  • I love the names Dorothea and Luella. I think they're both very pretty. You could also use variations of the names, either as first or middle. For Luella, Louise, Ella, Lucy, Lula, Lulu. For Dorothea, Dorothy, Thea, Theodora.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"