Stay at Home Moms

How much TV do you watch during the day? (Clicky poll)

It's okay, you don't have to say who you are if you don't want![Poll]
TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web

Re: How much TV do you watch during the day? (Clicky poll)

• I voted for 3 hours, since I watch while I bf DD.  I also watch while she's napping.
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • I clicked 3 hours. Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less. ?I'm usually watching something trashy that I'd recorded like ANTM, Nip/Tuck, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, etc, or a DVD while she naps. ?We watch Yo Gabba Gabba during breakfast and sometimes put in a Baby Einstein if I'm too tired to deal. ?
  • Loading the player...
  • I answered for only during the time DS is awake - 1 hour (we watch the news in the morning and he sometimes watches a 20-30 minute show in the afternoon). After he goes to bed, though, DH and I are TV addicts. The sucker is on all night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We watch Regis and Kelly... and sometimes I'll put on Judge Joe Mathis or Rachel Ray in the background. I don't have cable, so I don't watch much. But at night, DH watches TV while he works on his laptop and I exersise. Our house is being remodled at the moment, so we "live" in our bedroom... everything happens in there!
  • I don't have cable or even try to pick up tv channels at our house, so I clicked none.

I do watch LOST via interent once a week while DD naps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I voted 4+, though it's really just MSNBC in the background.  Serious "watching" of the TV is only for two hours of Sesame Street in the morning...back to back episodes- yay!...

• I said none, but on the one day a week when DH works late I sometimes turn on Gilmore Girls at 5 p.m. That's the time of day when DD and I are running out of ways to entertain each other. Otherwise there's not much on during the day that I want to watch.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Me or the girls?  The girls usually watch one show (30 minutes) in the morning and then sometimes another before nap and another before dinner time on a really long day.  Usually, it's less than that.  I used to watch the news - Today Show in the morning and then starting with NBC news at 4pm in the afternoon - or at least have it on while I was doing stuff.  I can't have the news on with DD#1 around anymore.  She picks up on too much and understands too much now so I can only watch it if she's occupied in the other room, sleeping or not home. 
  • I clicked none... I do turn it on once in a great while when DS is napping (like today when I wanted to see if we're all going to die of swine flu -lol) but it usually doesn't go on until he's in bed for the night. I did watch a lot when he was a newborn while I was nursing, but once he started "watching," I stopped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I voted for 3 hours but thanks to my DVR, it's 3 hours worth of shows cut down to under 2 hours so, I guess... technically, I only watch for 2.  Whatever, I love TV and I'm not ashamed!  :)

Before Emily wakes up, I watch the news for about 1/2 an hour if I'm up and DH and I watch TV all night long after he gets home but I assumed this meant "during the day when I was with Emily".  

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I watch 2 hours.....the news is on all day long.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Oops, I need to work on reading comprehension :P I missed the 'during the day' part - DH and I watch a lot of TV after DD goes to bed (2-3 hours, usually a movie...), I watch maybe 2 or so during the day.
  • honestly I can go all day without it being on- however when DH gets home and after she is down- DH has it on until he shuts his eyes to sleep. he is terrible and it drives me insane.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"