Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Swine flu & your daycare...

Is your child's daycare doing anything pro-active?

Yesterday every child care provider in the state received information and "Guidance for Child Care Providers Regarding Swine Flu" from the Texas Department of State Health Services. In response to that, Shelby's school following their assessment procedures every day on every child before they can be dropped off (including taking their fever and other screening of symptoms).

This makes me feel good, but Cole's school hasn't mentioned anything about it yet.  What are your thoughts??

I just want to keep my babies at home!!!

Shelby is 7, Coleman is 5!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Swine flu & your daycare...

• Options

I called my daycare and asked and they told me that they are sending home any child with symptoms and not waiting until the 100.4 fever is reached.  They are also disenfecting like crazy and will post signs if any child is sent home for symptoms.  If any of the elementary schools are closed that coincide with daycare then they will probably shut down too.

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Our daycare didn't mention anything, but I'm going to speak with the director this afternoon to see what measures they are going to implement.  They do keep themselves (the workers) and the center very clean, but I'd still like to know their plans for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My daughters school sent an email to everyone yesterday saying they were sending home anyone with flu like symptoms and fevers and said that if your child was sent home ill they wouldn't be allowed back at school unless they had a doctors note stating that they didn't have swine flu.

i wasn't thinking much of anything bout it until they said that little boy in Richardson had it...a little too close for comfort!!

• Options

Good post, Meg.  Mine hasn't said anything (not that I know of, but I should check Noah's email when I get home), but it's a good question to ask. 

I am glad, though, that he has such a strong immune system now!  

• Options
    Yeah I am definitely checking today to see what the daycare is planning to do!
    Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageErinMTaylor:

I am glad, though, that he has such a strong immune system now!  

So true!  

The main thing this letter from the Dept of Health says to look for is respiratory illness.  The temp they state is 99.0 under the arm, 99.5 orally, or 100.0 rectally- that's pretty low!
    It also says that if a child has the swine flu, they have to stay out SEVEN days after their fever is gone.

I think I will mention it to Cole's director and just make sure they're being extra precautious. <--Is that not a word?  I am going to have to up my freakiness about washing and Hannahmatizing (with our Hannah Montana hand sanitizer) hands!!!  :)

Shelby is 7, Coleman is 5!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Our daycare has not said anything yet either but they are very clean and really, I am just not going to freak about it. Erin, I am also glad they have a stronger immune system from being in daycare... one of the positives!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"