Multiples
Options

twins in single shopping cart????

Ok, so do any of you put your twins in the shopping cart that only has a seat for one?? if so how do you do it, and where do their legs go? just trying to make trips to the store a little more doable when I need more than what will fit in the bottom of the stroller! thanks!

Re: twins in single shopping cart????

• Options
    When they were 10m or so, we could fit them in one seat. We sat them kind of sideways, one leg each went through the hole the other they kind of sat on. This only worked for a month or so and we ended up grabbing two carts or just bringing the stroller.
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We were able to do this for a good while, about 4 or 5 months - but my guys are really small. We would stick their inside legs through the leg holes in the cart, and their outside legs would go between the cart seat and the cart body, in the small space between. It was a tight squeeze, but once I got them in they were comfortable.

Here's a pic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I cant see the pic Sad
  • Options
    I just did this with mine today, since I was just running in to Target for two things. Like pp said, mine each had their leg in the middle through a hole. The outside leg I just folded so their toes were hanging out of the same hole. Hmmm. That sounds confusing, but it isn't.

Mine won't tolerate it for long - too much physical contact :) But it is great for quick trips.
  • Options
    our grocery is next to a costco (has double seat carts) so I'm planning to just stick them in a costco cart and bring it to the grocery store Smile although even though I think they sit up well enough I'm still to chicken to try it.  do your girls sit up on their own or you think the cart will be enough to prop them up?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    no they dont sit up completely on their own yet. Emma does much better than Paige, I had just Emma out with me the other day, adn I stuck her in the cart to try it out and she LOVED it!!! and did totally fine. she just held onto teh bar in front for support (and it had the seatbelt). Good idea about the costco cart...I whish we had one next to a grocery store!
  • Options

I put one leg in, one leg out

• Options

I have triplets, but I sometimes put them in the cart together.  In a pinch, I'll let one sit up front and the other two stand and ride along.

My grocery store has carts that can fit up to 4 kids though- 2 in a 2-seater up front, and there is a little car in the front that also seats 2.  That way everyone is strapped in, which is good.

• Options
    I did the same thing as pp with 1 in one hole and 1 leg to the side. Once they got too big for that, one twin gets strapped in the seat, and then I got a large dog collar that has a clip on it (not the eye and tooth thing) and then put the other twin in the bottom of the cart and use the dog collar as a belt through the side of the cart. It works great and stops they from standing up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"