Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

So I fear my sweet little girl has a temper.

Yesterday she was P*SSY.  Not in the cute sense of the word like cutely throwing a cute little tantrum and then looking cutely at mommy to make sure she's getting the attention she needs.  I mean in the sense that she has learned how to throw.  Stuff.  Anything she can get her hands on. 

She was in her highchair and p*ssed.  Why??  We don't know.  Maybe I wasn't making her dinner fast enough?  Who knows.  So to illustrate how p*ssed she actually was and I believe to get her point across...all the seven stacking cups and 2 spoons that were supposed to appease her went flying across the room.

sigh.  Isn't it too early for this?  Please? 

I handled it like a champ.  I cuddled her and smothered her in kisses.  I don't think it helped.  She's a ninja baby and I was blocked. 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: So I fear my sweet little girl has a temper.

• Options

lol @ ninja baby!

I fear this as well, DD can really get pissed, especially in the high chair if we are slow with the yogurt melts! And she is only 8 months old!

I think we are screwed.

• Options

I don't know, but T is right there too, and I keep wondering where my sweet little girl went.  There are times when I just have to sit back and look at her because I don't know what to do when she's screaming, kicking and flailing around. 

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that lately she's become Barnacle Baby - I really can't put her down sometimes and if I try to give her to DH (and she doesn't want to go for some reason) she grabs fistsful of my shirt and wraps herself around me as much as she can. 

I hope the crabbiness passes for both of them very soon.  Really.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH and I were talking about his the other day. DD was screaming at the top of her lungs because we weren't tearing her pieces of bread fast enough (at a restaurant).

I refuse to have a B-R-A-T but I'm not sure how to discipline an 11 month old.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes.  Screwed.  Gah I hope not.  I looked at my husband and said "I blame you."  Becaue I of course don't have a temper.  :) 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Oh how I can relate! Sophia has a major temper and I am hoping like heck that these molars will come in already and she can return to my sweet girl.
    Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCreamPuff06:

I don't know, but T is right there too, and I keep wondering where my sweet little girl went.  There are times when I just have to sit back and look at her because I don't know what to do when she's screaming, kicking and flailing around. 

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that lately she's become Barnacle Baby - I really can't put her down sometimes and if I try to give her to DH (and she doesn't want to go for some reason) she grabs fistsful of my shirt and wraps herself around me as much as she can. 

I hope the crabbiness passes for both of them very soon.  Really.

I could have written this exactly! Where did my sweet lil baby go? She wants to be held all the time (only by me). And she wants me to stand (not sit heaven forbid) constantly. Tantrums? Yep, we've got them. I hope she "behaves" when we go out of town this weekend!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto to everything said.  She gets so mad when I put her down to make something.  I normally ignore it but yesterday she took it to a new level.  I'm hoping it's just a phase?  She seemed fine at daycare. 

LOL at barnacle baby.  We have one too.

• Options
    imagelizzyjames:

Ditto to everything said.  She gets so mad when I put her down to make something.  I normally ignore it but yesterday she took it to a new level.  I'm hoping it's just a phase?  She seemed fine at daycare. 

Has she started lifting her legs up so you can't stand her up yet?  I try to set T on her feet at the coffee table or her jungle or exersaucer and she's like a gymnast lifting her legs up parallel to the ground, fussing the entire time.  If I sit her on her bottom look OUT, she gets MAD.  She actually threw her paci in her crib a couple of times, just yanked it right out of her mouth and threw it down as hard as she could.  Help!

• Options
    imageCreamPuff06:
    imagelizzyjames:

Has she started lifting her legs up so you can't stand her up yet?  I try to set T on her feet at the coffee table or her jungle or exersaucer and she's like a gymnast lifting her legs up parallel to the ground, fussing the entire time.  If I sit her on her bottom look OUT, she gets MAD.  She actually threw her paci in her crib a couple of times, just yanked it right out of her mouth and threw it down as hard as she could.  Help!

OMG she does this exactly.  It usually cracks me up.  She doesn't "do" a pacifier she sucks her thumb.  Huh?  But if she did- it would be launched.  It has to be a phase.  HAS to. 
  • Options

Colten also gets soooo mad when I put him down to make something, do something for Caleb, etc. The only thing I have learned that works sometimes is ignoring his tantrums. My 3 year old is just now starting to get out of the throwing tantrums stage, thank God, but now we are in a new stage of talking back. Fun times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"