Stay at Home Moms
Options

The SAHM Book Club Weekly Check-In

Congratulations to all of you who have polished off another book (or more!) this past week and welcome to our two newest members:

Nictel and MrsAJL!!!

Be sure you check the tabs at the bottom of the Google Spreadsheet for the "Recommendations" tab if you are looking for something to read!

As always, please go to the spreadsheet and check your info for accuracy:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pP-G753WjUy5mJcfocJFlMg

**Reply to this post with any corrections/additions!!!**

For anyone who'd like to participate in these weekly check-ins and join our Google Document Tracker, reply to this post with:

*Your 2009 reading goal ("X" number of books you will read this year)

*How many books you have read so far

*What you are currently reading

*Any books you'd like to recommend

Thanks, MrsNemitz for the Literature Map:

https://www.literature-map.com/ 

Thanks, Andrea11 for this Chick Lit Author Listing:

https://www.chicklitclub.com/authorsa.html

Thanks, Drunkenwife for the following lists:

Notable Books
The Reading List: Best Adult Genre Fiction
Best Books for Young Adults
Alex Awards
Great Graphic Novels for Teens
Notable Children's Books
Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
Rainbow List
Notable Children's Videos
Notable Children's Recordings
Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
Notable Videos for Adults

Newbery Medal
Newbery Honor
Caldecott Medal
Caldecott Honor
Printz Award
Printz Honor
Sibert Medal
Sibert Honor
Coretta Scott King Award
Coretta Scott King Honor
Pura Belpre Award
Pura Belpre Honor
Stonewall Award
Stonewall Honor
Odyssey Award
Odyssey Honor
Carnegie Medal

Happy Reading!!![Poll]

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: The SAHM Book Club Weekly Check-In

• Options

I am still reading Shopoholic & Sister and really liking it but that's no surprise and I loved the other books in the series.  :)

• Options

I finished Chasing Harry Winston last week, and this afternoon I read Multiple Blessings by Jon & Kate Gosselin. A very quick read... it was interesting to learn more about how their faith plays a role in their journey to have the 6 kids and in their first year of life.

According to my count, that brings me to 8 books for the year. Now I'm reading Friday Night Knitting Club.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I also read Multiple Blessings and enjoyed it. It was interesting to hear more about Jon and Kate before they had the sextuplets. I was wanting to hear more about their families but they didn't write too much other than about Jon's dad and Kate's great-grandparents. I've always wondered why the others are never mentioned.

I read Mommywood by Tori Spelling as well. I like her books. They're funny and a very quick read. I ordered Candyland by her mother so now I'll have to get the other side of the story in their mother/daughter drama! ;)

• Options
    no change here.. I do want to buy and read Bethanny Frankels new book ( from the Real Housewives) Anyone have it?
  • Options
    I have been so busy lately and haven't had much time to read.  I am still reading The Secret Life of Bees.
  • Options

imageMommyMimi27:
    no change here.. I do want to buy and read Bethanny Frankels new book ( from the Real Housewives) Anyone have it?

This one is also on my to-read list!

• Options

I finished two books recently -

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - This book was well written but actually kind of disappointed me. Well, not really, I did enjoy it but felt at times it was kind of slow.

Handle With Care - This is Jodi Piccoult's new book. Like most of her books, I loved it and could not put it down!

These two put my personal count of books read for the year at 32.

• Options
    I just put down Love the One Your With by Emily Giffin (Griffith? too lazy to go check).  I'm going to make myself finish it because I've loved all of her other books, but I'm not feeling this one.  With out a spoiler, does it get better (I'm about 40% done)? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I finished "Everyman" by Philip Roth, which was ok.  Well written, but about growing old, so maybe not a great choice.  I am now reading "In Her Shoes" by Jennifer Weiner.  Maybe when I'm done, DH will take DS for the night and I'll stay up and watch the movie!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I finished The Girl From Foreign and A Death in The Family. ?I just started The Stone Diaries, this is part of my effort to read all of the Pullitzer pprize winning fiction booksm I have barely made a dent. ?

I generally have to books going at a time, I think I keep better track of the details whenmy mind is forced to make distinctions. ?With one book I get lazier, ex. ?I have been "reading" Pigs in Heaven for half a year!?

• Options
    I just finished the last 2 books of the House of Night series... I am now reading Chelsea Handlers book.. :)
  • Options
    I am almost finished with Voyager (book 3 in the Outlander series.)  But goodness ,it is long...and a little dry.  Hopefully I'll be starting My Year in France (Julia Child) and Loving Frank (Nancy Horan) this weekend.
  • Options

Hi ladies,

While I am not in your book club, or even a SAHM yet, I will be as soon as my little man gets here, I thought you may like a recommendation of a wonderful book I just finished...

https://www.amazon.com/Year-Son-Were-Born-Self-Discovery/dp/0762750618

It was wonderfully written, very honest, and an excellent read. 

• Options
    imageBugLuv:

Hi ladies,

While I am not in your book club, or even a SAHM yet, I will be as soon as my little man gets here, I thought you may like a recommendation of a wonderful book I just finished...

https://www.amazon.com/Year-Son-Were-Born-Self-Discovery/dp/0762750618

It was wonderfully written, very honest, and an excellent read. 

Looks wonderful, I'll add your recommendation to our spreadsheet!  :)

• Options

imageLuckySunshineBaby:
    I just put down Love the One Your With by Emily Giffin (Griffith? too lazy to go check).  I'm going to make myself finish it because I've loved all of her other books, but I'm not feeling this one.  With out a spoiler, does it get better (I'm about 40% done)? 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!  

LOL, sorry... I loved that book, although it's got a different vibe than her first two books that I really loved.  The book does "get better" and I really LOVED how it wrapped up. Stick with it but do check back and let us know what YOU thought.  :)

• Options

I finished The Friday Night Knitting Club...it was great. Cried like a baby at the end. I suggest everyone READ IT! =]

I'm now a few chapters into The Virgin Suicides. It's really good!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"