Baby Showers
Options

Grandma baby showers?

Have you heard of, or been to, a baby shower for the grandmother?

If I have one big shower, which is what I think my family will want to do, I will feel obligated to include manypeople that will lead to a much bigger guest list than I'd like - I'd be uncomfortable with a huge group, and think it would be nice to do something smaller and more personal.

For those ladies who are closer to my mom and MIL, and even my own grandma, I was thinking about having a Grandma shower after baby is born... giving them a special day to share the new little one with the ladies closest to them. WDYT??

??Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Grandma baby showers?

• Options
    I get where you're coming from, but....  it doesn't sit right w/ me.  If you dont' want a huge shower, then don't have one.  Offer to have an "open house" a few weeks after the birth for your moms friends to come and see the baby.  But I dont' feel that creating another gift giving event is really the right way to go about not inviting them to your shower. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I personally think grandma showers are a little weird, but if her friends get together and decide to throw one for her, fine. I think that is different than you deciding to throw another shower for your child (even if the guest of honor is not you). 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only Grandma shower I know of was the one we threw at work for our boss who became a 1st time Nana last year.  Never heard of a family/friend throwing one.
  • Options
    My Mom actually had a Grandma Shower yesterday.  Both my sister and I are pregnant and this will make her a first time grandma x2 in less than 4 months.  My sister is due in less than 2 weeks and me in September.  Her work threw it for her.  It was awesome.  She got a double-stroller, bathtubs, diapers, a whole crib bedding set (she's doing her own nursery).  it was very nice.  Again, not something I would have done, but her work offered and it was awesome!
  • Options
    We did one for a co-worker who was a 1st time grandmother. It went over well at work. But other than that, I am not aware of a family member or friend doing a Grandmother's Shower.
  • Options
    My moms friend is doing a babyshower/grandmashower for us.  I don't have many friends left in my hometown so they are going to just do the one party.  It may be the only one I get as my work was planning one before they let half of us go and my husbands friends were going to do one but most of them are unemployed now and I would feel bad getting stuff even though we are also broke.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options

IDK about a new mom throwing a grandma shower...

we're doing a baby-que after a few months, and I plan on honoring both sets of grandparents at that with some special gifts from DH and me.

I think my mom's work is throwing her a "Nana Bonanza" with some little things for her to keep at her house.  (toys, cups, bowls, bibs, grandma jewelry, etc for first time grandmother) but that's her work people.

• Options
    My mom's work ladies always throw grandma showers for new grandmas-to-be! I think it's a wonderful idea, and they all have so much fun doing them. They are all teachers and are really good friends.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"