Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Questions

If the mother to be lives a plane ride away from family and some friends, is it bad etiquette to still send them an invite for a baby shower? And is it OK to have more than one baby shower if she has friends/family in other locations, like if she ends up being able to go to where they live if the family there does a shower for her there too?  

Re: Baby Shower Questions

• Options

My thoughts:

1) You can invite 'plane-distance' out of town people if they either: a) are close family (MIL, grandmother who'd want to be invited, etc. - whatever close means in your family) or b) would realistically consider coming. Don't send it to friends who you know can't/wouldn't come.

2) You can definitely have multiple showers (in town and out of town, friend shower, family shower, etc.). Showers happen because someone OFFERS to throw you one though - you should never request one or throw it yourself.

Enjoy your shower(s)!

• Options
    imageAt1stsight:

My thoughts:

1) You can invite 'plane-distance' out of town people if they either: a) are close family (MIL, grandmother who'd want to be invited, etc. - whatever close means in your family) or b) would realistically consider coming. Don't send it to friends who you know can't/wouldn't come.

2) You can definitely have multiple showers (in town and out of town, friend shower, family shower, etc.). Showers happen because someone OFFERS to throw you one though - you should never request one or throw it yourself.

Enjoy your shower(s)!

Ditto.  And a point on #1 - MOST mature, rational women are NOT "offended" to not be invited to shower they realistically can't go to anyhow.  Remember- it's a GIFT GIVING event and to invite someone is to ask for a gift.  I feel the invitation list should be to truly close peopel to the mom-to-be.  Not an "invite everyone she's ever known" kind of thing. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"