Georgia Babies
Options

Maternity Leave? Returning to work

so today was my first day back at work.  DH has been out of work since Aerin was born. He has a final interview for a great job in Daytona (we would live in Orlando I think).

We are hoping that by some miracle we won't have to move, but just in case--I'm scared that my company could come after me to pay back maternity benefits and leave pay.  Does anyone know if there is a law around this and how many days I have to work?

I'm planning to work most of May.  Also, DH has 3 opps brewing in Atlanta, it's just the Daytona job is moving the fastest.

TIA

Re: Maternity Leave? Returning to work

• Options
    I don't know what they can do legally b/c it's usually written into the company policy. I can tell you that I returned to work for 1 day and then quit. I got my final pay checks and did not have to pay back any benefits from my maternity leave. I hope that helps maybe Alison/Janimal can chime in from the HR perspective. I think if you work most of the month you will be fine, unless company policy says otherwise. GL! I hope that your dh finds his dream job soon!
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've always heard the 1 day back at work rule, but I think that relates more to having insurance cover the birth.  I'm not really sure about the maternity benefits/leave but I don't think they can come after you for that.  Good luck with whatever happens- crossing my fingers that your DH gets something soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Plan to go back no matter what, even if you have to live separately temporarily.  Day one visit your HR office and ask about their policy.  Find out the minimum stay required and serve your notice for that amount of time.  Worst case they lay you off and you are free and clear of any obligation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"