Preemies
Options

just a quick question

i figured that this would be the best board to post this on. okay, my son way born at 37wks, my daughter was born at 34 wks, what arethe chances of this pregnancy being born premature as well? i have heard mixed things on weather or not once it happens it will always happen. some say its just a fluke. what do you guys think?

Re: just a quick question

• Options
    Why were they early is the biggest question. I had my son at 32 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome and sudden severe pre-e. The drs said I have a 25% chance of the same result.
  • Options
    my dr. never gave me a reason. i started going into preterm labor at 5 months with both of them. they put me on bedrest and trebuteline ( not sure the spelling)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have a 50% chance of having another preemie (if you've had one).  My DD came at 26w3d with no reason why I went into labor.  I just simply did.  With my DS I had the 17P injection from weeks 16 - 36.  I had him at 37 weeks.  All I can say is every PG is different and I don't think doctors know(especially in the case of unexplained PTL) why PTL happens....it just does. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hi, it sounds like I could have written this :)

DS was born at 37 wks and DD at 33 wks.  I don't know why either of them were early.  That said, they believe my chances would be much higher for another, and to be on the safe side, they are giving me 17P (progesterone) shots from week 16-35(or 36, I forget).  They will also be measuring my cervical length.  They didn't mention this one, so I brought it up and they didn't bat an eyelash at the idea.

From my understanding the shots can help, they aren't fool proof and of course it depends on why labor started.  If it helps, I'm in :)  I had my first one last week and to my surprise (delight!) it wasn't bad at all.  And I am not a fan of needles :)

Anyhow, long story short.  I was really worried at the start, but having the shots and them monitoring my cervix gives me a lot of comfort :)  I think things will go well this time around :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"