Philadelphia Babies

OB/GYN who delivers at Bryn Mawr?

OK, ladies-- give me the good, bad, and the ugly about your OB/GYN if you delivered at Bryn Mawr.  I HAVE to pick a new doctor in the next week or so, and I need reassurance that there are good ones out there!

TIA!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image

Re: OB/GYN who delivers at Bryn Mawr?

• I have not delivered yet so I cant speak to that experience but I generally like my practice and think its worth checking out. Its called Bryn Mawr Womens Health and they have both a Rosemont office and Newtown Square office. I give my old OB/GYN associated with Riddle Hospital RAVE reviews, but I had to switch because she dropped the OB side of her practice :( Compared to her, no one is as good so Im probably not giving BMWH enough credit, but check it out for yourself and see what you think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really like Dr. Bernardini from Main Line Women's Health.  They have offices in Rosemont, Malvern and Plymouth Meeting.  Drs. Lu and Leone seemed nice too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not delivered yet either, but I see Dr. Craparo in Newtown Square.  She's great and she has delivered a few family members of mine.  So nice!
  • Thanks ladies-- looks like the Main Line Women's Health network of people are the primary OBGYNs there-- time to start interviewing!
  • I'm using the Bryn Mawr Birth Center--  www.thebirthcenter.org

918 County Line Rd
    Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
    (610) 525-6086

You have appointments with and deliver with the midwives at the Birth Center itself, right across the street from Bryn Mawr hospital.  However, if there are complications they have to take you to the Bryn Mawr hospital.

A fantastic option if you're interested in a natural birth, but they fill up fast so get in for the info session asap if you're interested.  In March they already had a waiting list for September deliveries.

• Just FYI, Dr Craparo, mentioned in pp, is part of the Bryn Mawr Women's Health practice I go to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmccallum--

I delivered with the midwives with my son but I ended up having to have an emergency c-section.  Since I am VBACing this time, the midwives cannot take care of me- I have to move to one of the OB/GYNs to deliver at Bryn Mawr.  TOTALLY stinks as I'd rather stay with the midwives.

• What a bummer! I'm so sorry to hear you can't use the center that but great for you for VBACing.  On the back of the info welcome packet i got from the Birth Center there's a list of the OB/GYNs at the hospital that the birth center works with- that'd be a good place to start to identify an OB if you still have that paperwork.  Good luck!
  • Good call!  I am pretty sure I still have that file with all of the paperwork.  I'll have to go check that.
  • Dr. Leone delivered my DD- even though she was not my doc- she was on call.

My Dr. is Phillip Hirshman- in King of Prussia. on shoemaker road. he is wonderful.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageturkoise:
    I really like Dr. Bernardini from Main Line Women's Health.  They have offices in Rosemont, Malvern and Plymouth Meeting.  Drs. Lu and Leone seemed nice too.

I agree!

• Please don't use dr bernardini if you're having a boy. Do your research on whichever dr you choose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"