Preemies
Options

New here

My daughter was born at 34 weeks, a little over a week ago because of my high bp and low platelets, although it wasn't officially preeclampsia...she's still in the NICU and is doing well, but isn't eating quite enough to get home yet. Just wanted to introduce myself, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on dealing with the NICU rollercoaster.

My DH goes back to work tomorrow and I am still not allowed to drive becauzse of my c/s so I won't be able get to the hospital until he is home from work at night and it is breaking my heart. We had been going to almost all of her day and evening feedings, and now, I feel like I am leaving her all alone.

Re: New here

• Options

Congrats on your little girl! I'm glad she's doing Ok. The NICU is a very hard place to deal with. I'm glad I had a few nurses that I LOVED. I actually liked going to the NICU at night. I had more time w the boys and its less congested. Bring one of her blanket with you, that was the only way I could sleep at night. I wish you the best and for you LO to get big so she can be home with her family.

?

Zeidy :) ?

• Options
    Congrats on your new little girl! Hopefully she will have a short NICU stay, and be home with you soon. Hang in there and try to get some good rest before she comes home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Jen! 

I didn't have driving restrictions after Addie, but luckily, at the time, Joel worked at the hospital!  So I would get up with him in the morning and go in to try to get Addie's morning feeding in, and then leave in the middle of the day for eating and a nap, and come back and usually stay until Joel had to go home, it was so nice.  I, too, hated if I couldn't be there, it is so hard :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"