Orange County Babies

Talbert Medical Group in Fountain Valley

Has anyone here had their baby there?? Or are going to??  Just moved to Huntington Beach from LA so don't really know about it?? 

Re: Talbert Medical Group in Fountain Valley

• I don't know about that group, but my OB/GYN is Dr Elizabeth Tracy; she's part of the Womens Health Center (www.thewhc.com) that is in that same complex off Brookhurst & Talbert.  I like her a lot (I've been going to her for 9 years) and the other doctors in the group are really great.  I saw a couple of them during routine visits and while in the hospital after DS was born.  The NP is also really great.  The front office staff is hit or miss, but that seems to be pretty standard with most medical offices.

ETA: My doctor is affiliated with OC Memorial and Hoag; I delivered at Hoag.  I also live in HB and I went to the ER at OCM for dehydration a couple of times during my pregnancy and those visits were fine (I didn't have to wait forever like I knew I would in Hoag's ER).  But that was pretty simple stuff...an IV for about an hour or two.  I chose to deliver at Hoag though, because, well, it's Hoag!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My cousin uses Talbert.  I think she really liked her OB and she has a great pediatrician, but the hospital wasn't the best ever.  She had a c-section and the nurses were really stingy about giving the meds that the doc had prescribed. 

I think if you were in that situation, though, you would just need to make sure you had someone else there to advocate for you.  Normally, I think things like this are specific to certain nurses or floors, but when my gram was there for arm surgery, she had a very similar experience.  Again, just having someone there to prompt them made a difference.

• Loading the player...
  • I go to Dr. Megan Moore she is on Talbert and Brookhurst right next to Orange Coast. She only delivers at OCM, so that where I had my boys. My?experience?with the hospital itself was fine, I had a c/s and my boys spent two weeks in the nicu there. All the nurses that I had were great.?

?I love Dr. Moore, but and thinking of finding a new doctor that will deliver at Hoag, I've heard so many great things and although I doubt that I will have another pre-term baby (really common with twins) Next time I would like to deliver ?at a hospital with a better NICU.?

• I have not been a patient at Talbert Medical Group but have worked for Orange Coast Memorial in the same campus and let's just say I would avoid being a patient at TMG if I were you.

In the same campus, there is Edinger Medical Group and Bustillo and Moore group. My primary care was with Edinger Medical, Dr. Grodin and my OB was Dr. Bustillo (I absolutely, highly recommend him - after seeing him for 7 years, I have not been able to find anyone as good as him) Dr. Moore is also really good, saw her a few times. They are all affiliated with Orange Coast which is part of the Memorial Care system - it's a very good community hospital.

GL!

• imagelittlecorazon:

I have not been a patient at Talbert Medical Group but have worked for Orange Coast Memorial in the same campus and let's just say I would avoid being a patient at TMG if I were you.

Interesting.  A lot of my family goes to Talbert and has nothing but positive things to say.  I guess it's all about personal experience, though.  Kind of like with the hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"