North Carolina Babies

NBR: Can I freeze frosting?

Because of DD's peanut allergy we just made cupcakes that I want to freeze... this way I can pull them out when we are going to a party or place where I know there will be treats she might not be able to eat. Anyway, I bought Cherrybrook (peanut free) cupcake mix and just regular frosting. I can't decide if I should frost the cupcakes and freeze them or just throw the cupcakes in the freezer unfrosted and keep the frosting in the fridge.

DD is now the proud owner of a Cup-A-Cake so she has an easy way to take her treats with her.

Re: NBR: Can I freeze frosting?

• Those are adorable!!

My mom would always freeze homemade buttercream frosting when I was growing up. My sister and I would sneak in the freezer and eat it and then when she went to use it, there was hardly any left (that stuff is good!). So I know for personal experience, you can freeze the buttercream kind :)

I would probably freeze the cupcakes and frosting separately and then when you do need them, give the frosting a couple hours to thaw out and then frost the cupcake. 

• Yep, I freeze it all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I'd freeze them frosted already just to be easier... If you freeze them without anything touching the frosting and then when they're frozen, wrap them in plastic wrap & then aluminum foil, I would think they'd freeze pretty well.
  • Yep you can freeze it. ?I would freeze them frosted to make your life easier and that way you can just grab, thaw and go. ?I would do as the pp suggested and freeze them without any covering and then once they are frozen, wrap them up in freezer paper.

I do know that you can only keep the opened can of frosting in the fridge for 30 days, so it would probably be a pain to keep on hand if you had to keep replacing it.?

ETA: That container is so cute. ??

• I also think you should freeze them already frosted just because if you freeze them seperately you are going to have to thaw the frosting every time you go to use it and I am not sure how many times you could freeze and thaw before it starts tasting funny or changing texture.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"