Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Investing for LO

I'll admit I'm financially unsavvy, but we need to decide what to do with the money Ali got for her Christening.  Right now we're leaning towards Savings Bonds, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions on what to do with the money.

I may post on MM as well...

Re: Investing for LO

• Options
    We set up custodial money market accounts as well as 529 plans for our kids. Savings bonds are usually a pretty safe bet, too, depending on what your goals are for the $.  Rates are pretty low right now though.
  • Options
    We have a savings account at the credit union where I work and a 529 plan too. Whenever the savings account gets a decent amount in it, we send a check off to add to the 529.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We set up savings accounts for both girls.
  • Options
    TAP 529 account for us, once baby boy is here.
  • Options
    We have a 529 plan for Colby. It depends on what you plan to use the money for. 529 is great for college but if your thinking more along the lines of a nice nest egg for when they go out on their own I would go the savings bond route. This is just my opinion. There are soooo many different ways to invest depending on the lenght of time for the investment and the risk your willing to take.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"